Chapter 10

Zoe pushes me away. I hold back so I don't fall of the bed. She looks to the camera again. "Apparently my brother is a lot more interesting than me." I nod while laughing and I walk away to leave the room.

"She only wants to be friends with me because of Joe." I can hear her say to the camera just before I walk out of the room. I turn around with my mouth open. "I heard that! And that's not true! I've only met Joe after we were friends already Zoe! You're lying!" She starts laughing. "Yeah sorry."

"I want really to watch a movie!" Zoe jumps on the couch. Joe and I are both doing things on our phone. "Guys! Stop being this unsocial!" I look up from my phone and look to Zoe who's looking at me. "We are really social, in some way." Zoe ignores my remark and turns the TV screen on. "A scary one again?" I nod my head slowly. I really don't like scary films but I kinda want to watch it as I like to sit against Joe when I'm scared.

"If that is really what you want? The previous time you didn't even watch.." She throws a pillow to my head. Joe searches for a movie on Netflix.
"This one.." He says and presses the play button. He walks back to the couch and sits next to me. I know my plan was to get over my crush quickly, but I can't help I want to sit against him and to be in his strong arms. I get surprised by myself by planning how to get as close as possible without anyone noticing.

"You have goosebumps." He says when he sees my arms and walks away. I look questionable to Zoe who shrugs. He comes back with a jumper. He gives me his jumper when he sits down. "I don't know if it even fits you, it was the first one I could find."

I put his jumper on and it's too big, but I like oversized jumpers a lot at these kind of moments. It's white with a text on the front. It's light blue and says 'TRXYE'. I've no clue what that is, maybe a brand or band? But I don't care, the jumper is super soft and comfy anyway. He sits on the couch again, but this time much closer to me than he was before he left.

I try not to watch the movie, but every time I find myself in watching. After an hour of watching it. I'm really tired and I slowly slide down with my head, searching for a pillow or something. Joe notices it and pulls me against him. I lean with my head on his shoulder and his head leans on mine for a second. I don't know why I can't watch a movie without getting super tired.

I look over to Zoe who seems really scared. Joe's hands, which were close to my hands already, slide slowly to my hand and he automatically starts playing with my fingers. I watch to his face. His eyes are focused on the tv. His hands are a lot bigger than mine I see now I compare them. Sometimes I feel his body startle because of the movie. I'm so concentrated on these stupid little things I don't even notice the movie ending.

"Are you still awake?" He whispers and I nod my head. "I think so." I slowly get my head of his shoulder. Where my body was touching Joe's is feeling really cold now as I'm not sitting against Joe anymore. His fingers wipe some hair out of my face. Zoe gets off the couch and yawns. "Let's go to bed, I'm tired." She says while sighting and I nod. "Me too."

I open my eyes. It's something like 3 am. I feel Joe laying against me. I turn around and I pull my knees up to my chest. Joe's face is a few inches away. He is kind of awake, because he pulls me closer to him and wraps his arm around me. I curl myself and lean against his chest. I can see he tries to hold his smile. Does he likes me? I'm confused, because he is always interested in other girls. I try to stop thinking about this. If he does like me he would say right?

"Kayla?" I wake up and realize it was a weird short dream. I can hear Joe laughing softly. It's still night. "Kayla? You're laying really close to me and I've no space left."

I open my eyes. I'm curled up and laying the same in the same position as in my dream. I try to hide my embarrassment and slide to the middle of the bed again. "Sorry." I try to sleep quickly. I can hear Joe laughing again and he turns around. I hope he doesn't remember tomorrow morning. Luckily I sleep really quick again.