Season 1 (Tragedy)

Y/N:
Well Anne and Diana seem chpper this morning. They have been giggling and laughing as well as sitting together again, my guess is that Anne was back in Mrs. Barrys good graces somehow, I don't know how she would do that but either way I'm happy for them, it was hard not seeing the dynamic duo together and laughing all the time.

Gilbert still hasn't come back to school and I'm not so sure he will unless something happens with his father, good or bad. Hopefully whatever happens is good, I hope he is doing okay right now. Recently I have been pushing myself in bothe math and reading, studying all night and getting great grades on exams and worksheets, I don't know why really, I have needed something to do lately sense I haven't been hanging out with the other girls or Gilbert lately. I have written dozens of stories and made up many different endings to stories I have already read, either way I needed something to do and bettering myself acidemcally didn't seem like a bad idea.

So far I am neck and neck with Anne, making sure I talked to her about and telling her that I was not trying to be rude and try to pass her as well as the fact that it would be a true honor to be 3rd like I have been if it was behind her.

Thankfully she just smiled and we both offered to help each other with studying to better ourselves and sense we have been doing that, we both are close to surpassing Gilbert, Anne would be ahead one day then Gilbert, then Anne, then me.

It would go on like that just flucuating for what seemed like forever, I have also been giving Gilbert all of his schoolwork as well, sadly though the more I go the more I can tell that him and his father don't seem to be doing well and I fear that Gilberts father is worse off than I thought.

                                                                                                                                   ***
Sadly it was what I feared, Gilbert's father passed away about two days ago and the funeral is today. Everyone got word of it yesterday and everyone dropped everything to help with preperations and to cancel any plans they may have had, as for me, I just hope Gilbert is doing alright, I mean his father just died so he couldn't really be okay so I guess just as well as he can given the circumstances.

I dressed on black putting on a black ribbon as well, I had to borrow it from Diana for the day and thankfully she was more then happy to help out even though I felt bad asking.

I looked in the mirrior one last time smoothing down any stray hairs making sure it looked just right, I walked downstairs seeing Annabeth, mother, and father dressed in their own mourning clothes, they bought a new dress for Annabeth but I understand why, she has been doing really well ane she deserved it even if it is a dress for such an event.

"Y/N we need to leave now, we shan't be late to this you know that" mother said walking out the door my father was holding open for us "Yes mother", we walked out and father helped mother and Annabeth onto the cairage, me being independent did it on my own, no help of a man needed. "y/n you know how I feel about you getting up and down from the cairage that way, it is unladylike" "I know mother, I do not need help so why would I requset it" I said, though I knew she would most certainly not appreciate that comment, it was probably because she knew I was right about it being illogical, she sent me a glare before turning to face forwards.

We made it to Gilberts house fairly quickly, father tyed up the cairage once again helping mother and Annabeth down and once again me getting down on my own, the service began with us all walking sildently, our heads bowed, some saying silent prayers. I spotted Gilbert torwards the front though his head was raised a solem look covered his face, it was so sad to see that on a usually so happy face.

We stopped at the samll cemetary in front of the Blythe's house, the minister begining a prayer, I bowed my head in respect and sadness, the times I did meet Mr. Blythe were all very pleasent and he was always such a sweet person to talk to, I could only imagine how Gilbert was feeling, it must have been horrible to lose someone so important, I had some expirience in that area I suppose, I lost my granfather a few months before we moved and being close to him did not help the healing process, that being said I know that Gilbert must be feeling a million times worse.

The minister finished the prayer and everyone began walking inside, all except Gilbert, I looked back at him our eyes meeting, I gave him my best look of reasurrance that I could convey, he understood and gave me a smile, a fake one, I knew that but it didn't bother me, he was hurting so deeply right now. I nodded and went inside figuring he would need some alone time.

I sat down on the couch with Marilla, though when I looked at her she seemed to be spaced out, staring at a hat placed on top of a case of some sort, "He looks so sad" I heard Ruby comment glumly, a snarky comment bubbled in my head and I fought to supress, I mean yes Ruby, his father that he was very close to just passed away, why wouldn't he be sad, thankfully I kept that in.

"I'm going to make sure he's alright" Anne said standing up and looking out the window before grabbing her hat and coat and walking out. I went over to the window just catching Gilbert storm away and Anne walking down to the woods looking rather vexed, seems like the talk didn't go to well, I looked back out at Gilbert, he was sitting on the bench staring at his fathers grave, my heart wrenched.

I couldn't bare it any longer I grabbed my coat and walked out the door, tentaviley I walked to the bench sitting down next to him, I didn't talk, I just sat silently telling him that he had someone and I would be there for him as he had done in the past for me, hes one of my best friends and I would make sure that he wasn't alone right now.

I could feel him glance at me a few times before sighing "you know you don't have to sit out here with me, it is quite cold" "I know, I just want you to know I'm here, I can't imagine what you are feeling so if you want to talk I'm here, if you just want to sit I'm here and if you want me to leave I will just know whatever you may need I will try my best to help" I replied, he stayed silent for a moment before standing holding his hand out to me, "can we just... walk, I need to move around a bit" I took his hand and nodded, I expected him to release my hand once we stood but he held tight, its alright though, he probably just needs comfort.

We walked in a comfartable silence before my mother was calling me back telling me we had to go, I squeezed his hand before letting go "If you need absolutely anything, you know where to come" I gave him a smile "thank you" I nodded turning back and heading to my mother all while silently hoping he would come to me if he needed to even if he had no reason too.

---------------------------------------------------------
1332 Words Today!
As always suggestions are appreciated!
I hope you enjoyed!
Thank you for reading Bookworms!

Wonder if....जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें