Season 3 (Sick)

Y/N:
She stared at me confused and then glaced to the things in my hands, hence everything I had ever owned.

I almost broke down then but I held myself back from that, I needed to talk to her. She walked down the steps already in her school attire, I'm guessing I caught her right before she left. "Y/N? What are you doing here?" "I...well my parents decided I couldn't stay with them anymore" she let out a gasp at this.

"You mean they kicked their own child out?" I nodded with a sad smile "It's alright, they never really liked me anyway. I just... I had nowhere else to-" "Say no more, off you go. Inside." my eyes widened but she just grabbed my hand leading me up the steps.

"I don't have much extra space so I do hope you'll be alright with some uncomfortableness fot the time being" "O-of course, no problem at all. I'm just glad its not the forest" she chuckled and helped me set my things down.

"You kept the book" I looked up seeing her hold the beutiful work in hand "Yes, it's become my favorite one, I think I've read it about four times now" she smiled at me "I'm glad you like it" I nodded as she handed the book back to me.

"You may fold your clothes and set them over there along with any books or other things you may have" I did as she said and stood up straight.

I knew I probably looked like a mess now but I tried not to focus on it, I tried to distract myself from this whole thing "Would you like to talk about it?" "Not right now, soon maybe. I'm just not sure I can do so without crying at the moment" she nodded in understading before she hopped up quickly.

"I must get to school, I will excuse you fr-" "With all due respect, I'd like to go. Get my mind off it" she nodded and I followed her out of the house.

I shut the door behind me making sure it was secure before I follwed her down the trail, this was more scenic than my usual walk and I quite enjoyed it if I must say.

No words were spoken as we walked but I didn't mind, it was calm and peaceful, no yelling or arguing.

When we arrived Anne and Mr. Cuthbert had just pulled up, the printing press sat on the back of the cairage but thats not the only thing I had noticed.

The usual happy go-lucky Anne I knew was now sullen, her expression sad and defeated, Miss Stacy began untying the ropes and I helped while taking small glances to Anne trying to figure out what was wrong but still coming up short.

Mr. Cuthbert was talking to her but it didn't seem like she was listening, in fact she didn't say anything during the time instead she walked away.

I tried to go after her but a hand placed on my shoulder stopped me "Let her be, she may just need some time, like you" I nodded and reluctanly stayed in my place while others walked over to help with the press. It was going to be a long day.

It had been days since I was toseed out, Anne was still upset though now it seemed to be more anger than sadness. She only let me know a bit and it had to do with Nova Scocia, I peiced it together for myself.

I had been staying with Miss Stacy the whole time although no one knew that yet, I had asked her no to say anything just in case people wouldn't take kindly to it. I had also made an effort to see Mary more these last few days, I had stopped by about a month ago for some tea and it was a lovely time.

Now though, she has fallen ill, I tried to let her rest on her own but she insitsted I'd visit her very often. Every day after school was what she said and so far I had kept my word. We would chat about random things, she told me about some of her life in the Bog and I had told her my dreams of becoming a writer, Gilbert had peaked in a few times and Mary would always look between us, it always felt like I was missing something when she would smirk.

In fact that was where I was off to now, I said a goodbye to Miss Stacy and raced out, I was getting slightly worried about her though, it had been a few days since she had gotten sick and I feel like it should have passed by now right?

I arrived at the house and knocked on the door it was quickly opened by a Gilbert who gave ma smile to which I returned before I went back to Marys room.

She seemd a bit worse off today and it only made my worry increase, she was awake when I stepped in and she gave me a weak smile. "Hey Mary" I spoke quietly as I sat on the bed, "Hello y/n, any gossip for me today?" I had been holding out on telling her about my family, I didn;t want to stress her out.

I had asked Bash about it and he told me she would like to know when I was ready even after I had told him my concerns so long-story short I had been debating it.

"Well I-" I didn't get to say much more as Anne made her way in with some broth, when she spotted me she smiled and handed me the plate.

She sat down and I scotted over to allow them to talk "I thought you left with Marilla" Mary said, oh, I didn't even see them I guess I need to be more observent Mary laughed at my confused look "You don't notice things sometimes dear girl" I smiled sheepishly "I did, and I circled back, I felt compelled to turn her plain broth into a more robust soup to entice your appetite" "Cooking behind her back?" we all laughed "Aren't you all kinds of sixteen year old trouble".

She took a bite and smiled "Thats nice but did you forget to toast the peprika like I showed you?" how in the world can you taste that? "I did, but its my own fault, I have nothing but my excitment to blame" I was even more shocked that she was right.

"You're learning thats whats important. It's very tasty" she looked between us with a smile "Time for you two to get to school, and y/n I expect you to come back with that story, it was a bit of a surprise visit today huh?" I nodded "Don't you worry, you know I always finish the story" we both stood "feel better Mary" she nodded and we walked out. "Story?" Anne asked, "Oh, just a silly little thing, I'll tell you later" with that we were off to school.

----------------------------------------------------------------
An: 1198 Words! I am very sorry this
one really sucks, I was having a lot
of issues trying to word this one!
Also thank you for almost 4K! I
am so grateful for each and
every one of you! As always
leave any, questions,
suggestions, comments, or
concerns! I hope you enjoyed
this chapter! Happy Reading
Bookworms!