Season 3 (Confession)

An: Todays question is: What's your favorite food? (Don't answer if you are not comfortable with it)

Y/N:
"Time is up!" we all threw our pencils down quickly and sat at attention as he came around and collected our workbooks. There were nervous glances around the room to each other, Anne and I locked eyes and I gave her a reassuring smile to which she returned.

"You may leave, the results will not take to long" the man stated, without further word we all ran out.

The nervous feeling gone as we all cheered while running to the Runis, time to let off some stress and have some fun after we finally finished our tests, the ones we have been waiting for for years.

We arrived at the Runis and everyone threw their things down on the ground and some set the lanterns they had grabbed gently on the ground before staning up once more, "We did it!" Anne shouted excitedly, igniting loud shouts and cheers of excitement "Graduation!" we all threw our hats into the air. "Oh I'm still alive." one boy said "I got the shine" another said and raised the bottle high in the air.

"Me first!" Diana shouted rwching for the bottle before uncapping it and taking a large swig, we all stared in amazment at the 'good girl' being first in line to drink illeagaly.

Though I knew it was only a matter of time before she finally broke "Dear God its going to be a crazy night" I said to Anne, she smiled and shrugged her shoulders, I said it as if I wouldn't get wild as well but we all knew I would, for once I have some time to not try and fix everything or be worried and I am going to take it.

As the night wore on there was more drinking and more games to go, I myself taking at least four large swigs from the bottle "Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!" Anne shouted before taking a drink, we all cheered before I began to wave people over to the large fire on the far side of the Ruins.

They all followed me as I got to the top of the area "The exams are over!" I yelled, everyone cheered, Anne watched me with a smile on her face and I grabbed her hand and helped her up "Everyone will be going to Queens!" everyone cheered once more at that.

"I mean we're going to hope at least... Moody did try and eat a lightbulb" everyone began to laugh and handed the bottle to Moody for him to take a large gulp.

Everyone stayed laughing and I began to jump around happily with Anne at my side, though she began to get down while I stayed up. I let out a loud laugh when I almost lost my balance and tried to regain it, I felt a hand on mine and I got steady before looking down and seeing Gilbert.

He let my hand go slowly, "Oh, hey Good Doctor, how was Charlottetown?" I asked, "May I speak with you, please?" the serious tone of his voice made my cheery mood instantly vanish.

I nodded slowly, I grabbed the hand he offered and let him help me from the ledge and let him lead me to a place to sit.

I took a seat and expected him to do so but instead he began to pace around back and forth, ranting about the trip and her parents.

"And then he laid it out on a silver platter."

I looked up confused "What exactly did he lay out on a silver platter?"

"The Sorbonne, Paris, the money to do it. My future if I want it!" he paused for a minute "Permisson... to propose." my heart sank, any hope I had left being squashed by that one word 'propose'.

"I don't know aht to do" "I think its quite simple, you don't want to stay here Gilbert." I spoke sadly "The Sorbonne, Paris, its your dream. Winifred would be wonderful, her parents are all for it. Why is it so difficult? What is stopping you from doing it?" he sat to my side.

His eyes intense as he looked into mine "Just... one thing." my eyes widened as I grasped what he really meant, "Gilbert... wait, but hold on... since when has this. Look, I have know idea! It's not that I don't... why on earth? Me?! Us? Now?" my mind simply couldn't process his words.

My mind going crazy while I tried to come up with a coherant thought "Y/N! Y/N! Y/N! Y/N!" I turned at the voices but looked back to him.

My eyes spoke the conflicting thoughts that I couldn't that I couldn't say myself, the girls got closer and tugged at my sleves and pulling me to my feet, my eyes didn't leave his the whole time.

His face looked so... sad, like he just... I don't know I just knew I couldn't feel okay when I saw how devestated he seemed "I'll be off then... Good night." he stood and began walking away.

Teh amount that I wanted to call after him was not something I could describe but I just couldn't seem to bring myself to speak or yell out those words.

The ones to tell him to wait, to tell him I wanted us too, anything to get that sad look wfrom his face, anything to have him know that I felt the same.

Sadly the words didn't come and the girls were calling me back to them before I could even think through what had just happened.

The pain was insurmountable, I'll tell you that much, when I made it back to the fire with the girls I could tell that Anne had noticed my change in demanor and when I saw her eyes follow Gilbert out I could tell she had cracked the code and she looked at me sympathetically.

I shook my head sadly, I backed away from the circle and picked up my things, I gave a brief goodbye to everyone before walking out the way he had come.

I tried to take my mind from it while I walked into the house, Stacy looked happy when she saw me but when she noticed my face, her expression dropped "Did it not go well?" "It went fine" I sighed and dropped to the couch, "I'll tell you later, I just need to be alone... please." I said quietly.

She nodded and walked out but not before glancing back with a worried look.

This night was much more crazy than I thought it would be, sadly it was not in the way I had hoped for.

------------------------------------------------------------
An: 1116 Words! Another
chapter and things are
heating up! I hope
everyone is doing
well! As always
leave any questions,
suggwstions,
comments, or
concerns!
I hope you
enjoyed this chapter!
Happy
Reading
Bookworms!