Season 2 (Solutions)

Y/N:
Now that the plays over there hasn't really been much for me to focus on, I still talk to Bash about his wonderous travels but most of the time I am in my room studying.

That is until recently, I had been invited to a party by none other than Aunt Josephine herself, I swear this owuld be the most fun I think I'll ever get to expirience! From my understanding she also invited Anne and obviously Diana, Anne was still waiting for approval as was I.

Mother enjoyed the play, and when she learned I had a part in helping she was quite happy.

Not exactly proud, per say, but happy, so now was a better time then ever to ask.

I got up going downstairs, but when I got there Mother was up in arms about something, now would not be the best time to ask, I looked outside, its getting dark anyway, I have school tomarrow so maybe a goodnights rest will help me.

                                                                                                                                ***
I left early this morning, just something about the beauty of the trees that excited me so much.

Everything so spectacular and peaceful at this time, I walked in a bit early but others were there already, Gilbert was talking to Mr. Phillips, and obviously being my nosy self I had to listen "Medical school sir, I know its for me" I smiled slightly at that, Gilbert being a doctor?

I think he'll do rather splendidly, I listend for Mr. Phillips to help him but all he got was a board "Riveting" I glared, this man has no busness being a teacher if he won't even help his students dreams and asspirations.

"So I was hoping you could offer me some extra help outside of class, so that I can catch up, make up for the time I've missed" but Mr. Phillips payed him no mind, instead smiling to the back somewhere, I looked over seeing Prissy, when she caught my eye she pointed her head down.

"And it would be an oppurtunity to prove wrong  all those people who think you don't care all that much about teaching" I stifled a laugh at that "I'm only asking for a small portion of your time sir" "Is that all? My time?" I nodded my head a bit, I mean you are a teacher.

"Tell me should your father" oh would not go there buddy "simply give his crops away because someone wants them? Feels he deserves them? Hmm? Hmm? He should not. Time is money Mr. Blythe" I rubbed my head at his insensirivity and glared sharply at him.

Gilbert stood shocked for a moment but quickly sobered up, "My fathers dead sir" he said rather loudly.

The other students turned around and looked torwards the pair "Yes" Mr. Phillips said looking rather flustered, good he fucking should be, and ashamed he would even say such a thing "Well... The metaphor still plays" I scoffed loudly at that as Gilbert turned angirly and went back to his seat.

"Is there something you would like to say, Miss y/l/n?" I stared at him coldly "A lot actually, but i'm smarter then to get myself in trouble with someone who won't even listen" he narrowed his eyes at me but I stood my ground, he looked away, thats what I thought, I smirked.

I looked back at Gilbert, his head was close to the table, I frowned, Mr. Phillips is truly horrible, suddenly Diana came running in "where were you? I waited" Anne said as she sat down "father has a cold, we're not going to Aunt Josephine's party either" I turned at that "neither of you?" we were going to continue but the idiot started speaking again "Alright bright little minds open your readers, lets pick up from where we last left off".

School finished much faster then I thought after that, my mind being consumed with thoughts may have had something to do with it, 'is Gilbert alright?' 'would any of us get to go to the party?' everything ran circles in my mind as I walked to the book club.

As I walked in I heard the girls already chatting "My parents and I have never been invited before! But God forbidfather had gone out on the worlds tiniest sniffle" I sat down listening as Diana and Anne continued "It's absurd that ladies aren't allowed to travel without a male companion!" I nodded "we can take care of ourselves!" they both nodded "Agreed, did I mention that Aunt Josephine is having a world renowned pianist perform?".

My eyes widend "What?!" "Really?!" Anne and I exclaimed at the same time "yes a world-" she stopped as Cole let out a groan, "Cole what are you-?" Diana started asking but Cole said nothing as he tried to throw his notepad in the fire, me being the closest tried to grab it, I almost had a hold of it when it fell in.

I grabbed a stick close by whilke the girls slung questions at him "What are you doing?" "Oh goodness!" I started to grab it "leave it! I said leave it!" like hell that was happening, I brought it onto the ground and began stamping out the fire.

"Cole, why would you do such a thing?" Diana asked, the paper was partially scorched as I picked it up "it should have been better by now" he said as I picked up the remaining pices and Anne handed me some that had fallen, "It will be" I said "you just need time-" Anne continued but Cole was having none of it "I got my splint off weeks ago! Its just not the same! I can't draw anymore!" "Cole no- " "Cole-" "Cole please" the three of us tried to reason with him but he simply grabbed his things. "Just-" he left the hut, I gathered my things as did the others and we sprinted after him.

"Cole, you can't just give up!" "She's right you can't just walk away from your art!" "I don't want to talk about it. Just..." we stayed silent before Anne spoke "Could this day be any colder, to match our wintery moods?" Anne asked "Thats exactly why Aunt Josephine has her party. A summer-themed soiree to chase away the winter gloom" "Oh could it be more perfect? It's what we all need, especially Cole".

We all nodded, "Cole is a man" well yeah hes not exactly a walrus, observent this one "Cole is a man! Diana, what of we could convince your parents to let Cole accompany us to Charlottetown?! Marilla would have to relent! And I'm sure this will send y/n's mother the push she needs! How could she say that a party isn't for children if the four of us go?!" they got more giddy as they continued.

"Cole is very tall" Diana said, "Cole, isn't this just the thing you need, in your time of deep... sadness?" well, I wouldn't sa- "To attend a party? In a room filled with strangers" didn't think so "A change of scenery, take your mind off-" he stopped her "my folks would never let me miss a saturday on the farm" Anne thought for a moment, she looked blank, okay I can help I guess "if we can come up with a plan, will you help?" I asked, he looked in thought before sighing "Alright".

------------------------------------------------------------------------
An: 1240 Words! Thank you all for reading!
This was a bit of a slow chapter but I hope
the next one will have more! Thank you for
almost 600 reads!!!!!!! I was just thanking
you all for 500 a day or two ago! It feels
unreal! Thank you all so so so so much!!!!
As always, leave any questions, suggestions,
comments, or concerns you may have!! I
hope you all enjoyed this chapter!!! Happy
Reading Bookworms!!!!