Season 3 (Love Will Prevail)

An:Question of the day: One more chapter left, how are we feeling after this one? (Don't answer if you aren't comfortable, it's okay!)

Gilbert:
I thanked the man for showing me to my new seat, I placed my things down and was about to get situated for the ride when I looked up.

I saw Diana and her father there, I might as well say hi to not be rude "Diana, Mr. Barry. I didn't know you were on board. I'm moving seats. I was to close to the smoking car." I explained.

Mr. Barry stood up "Congratulations on your impending nuptials, dear boy. You must be embroiled in a flurry of wedding plans. Hmm? My advice: say yes to everything; it's safer." I would have laughed out of respect before but now I felt I had to start letting people know, it had been the time needed.

"Sir, I apologize. I wasn't permitted to tell you earlier. But I can now say that I'm not engaged, so I won't be moving to Paris." he seemed to frown at that but it felt good to finally say it out loud. I wouldn't let myself nor Mary down, if I was to marry, then it would be for love.

"Does this mean you're going to Queens after all?" Diana asked from her seated position, I shook my head slightly "Actually, I'll be attending the University of Toronto. It'll serve me better for my career." I nodded to them both.

"Well... enjoy your journey." I turned back to my section and sat down in my seat.

Not a minute after I had opened my book though, Diana came and sat right in front of me, I gave her a kind smile but she looked like she would rather punch my face in than exchange pleasentries.

I was about to ask her what the issue was but she beat me to it.

"So you simply never bothered to tell y/n about any of this!?"

"Had I had the oppurtunity to I would have. In fact, I went over--"

"You've had every oppurtunity!" she cut me off "For years! Admit it: you've been smitten with y/n ever since she first arrived in Avonlea and yelled at you in front of the entire class! There have been countless clues! And you certainly can't deny you were beguiled by her at dance practice, even though it turns out you were secretly courting a mystery debutante, who you had the temerity to step out with at the fair with no word of warning."

"Then you show up at the ruins after exams, demand to know how y/n feels about you, and give her all of thirty seconds to decide her entire future! And worst of all, you callously ignored the letter y/n wrote to you, even though she told you she loved you!".

My whole world stopped moving, everything appeared to pick up in slow motion, her words seemed to run through my mind at least one million times before I was able to get the words off my tounge.

"What letter?" her face changed from one of anger to on of confusion and slight shock "Diana, what letter?".

She seemed to catch on to my thoughts and feelings and relize the serious tone in my voice, the world had sped up again and now it seemed as if I couldn't move fast enough, the train couldn't move fast enough.

When I finally got off there was only one thing on my mind, y/n.

Y/N:
I threw my suitcase on my bed, throwing things in it as fast as posible, the run here felt like nothing with the amound of adreniline coursing through my veins.

My stomach filled with a mix of worry and excitment, I had another chance. Another chance to live my life how I wanted and I would be dammed if I missed it.

I laced my boots up and stood with a breath, I wasted no time in turning and grabbing my trunk and racing out the door only I didn't have to run anymore. The chase was over.

There he stood, my heart beating so quickly I thought it might burst, at the bottom of the stairs staring right back at me.

Our eyes didn't waver as I set down the case and walked slowly down the stairs, my mind bearly believing what it saw, as if my eyes were decieving it and he wasn't really there.

I stood in front of him, his eyes watched me lovingly as he raised his hand to cup my cheek gently.

Without any hesitation he leaned forward, our lips brushed just slightly before he put more force, holding my waist to him and keeping me not even inches from his grasp at all times.

When he pulled back I caught my breath and looked back to him, "I didn't think..." "Y/N, I have to know. Do you truly have feelings for me?" instead of answering I leaned up and pulled him forward.

I pulled him closer, his arms snaking around my waist as he held me we pulled away when the bell began to ring.

"Twelve. I have to go."

"What do you mean? You just got here. Where are you going?"

"Toronto. U of T. I still have a long way to go and it's imperative I arrive today.".

I nodded "Okay...so. Goodbye, I assume?" he pulled me closer and planted a kiss on my cheek before pulling back.

"Pen pals?" I laughed a little "I do have quite the nice pen, I'm sure you remember." he laughed and nodded.

"I have to run. I left my bags on the train." I heard the sound of a cairage behind me and I turned as the noise, my eyes widened when she came into view "Diana?" I looked back to the house.

"Anne! I don't know where you are but get out here!" without a seconds delay I heard her sprinting from the house and bounding down the stairs after me as we both ran to greet her.

"Can I still be roomate?" we pulled each other in for a hug "So you're coming to Queens afterall!" Anne exclaimed happily.

I watched as Gilbert got in to the cairage but right before he left he jumped from it and gave me a last parting kiss, when he pulled way I smiled "I'll write to you!" I smiled and watched as he rode off with a wave.

I turned to the girls who looked beyond shocked at what they saw "Did-wa-I-but when?" Diana stumbled and I laughed.

"I'm as lost as you are, believe me."

"Not as lost as me." Anne chuckled, suddenly Marilla and Mathew came down the path with a book in hand, I patted Anne on the shoulder with a 'good luck' then I pulled Diana inside to help set up her room.

Okay I was wrong.

Not all fairytales end in disaster, sometimes they play out just the right way, sometimes they hurt but in the end Love wins. No matter how many times you get knocked down, as long as you have someone in your corner then you can always win.

Thankfully I had just the right people for the job.

-----------------------------------------------------------
An: 1198 Words! Don't worry!
There is still one more chapter
to truly end it and tie up some
of the loose ends in the show!