Season 3 (Change)

Gilbert:
No. Thats all I could say. It had been a while since her death and it still didn't feel real, the funeral had yet to happen as well. Bash... he barely spoke to me anymore, I doubt he even heard me as I told him my plans for the day, staring blankly at the wall the entire time I spoke, holding Delphine while trying to get everything in order. It had been a rough time for everyone.

I set her down in the crib, "Bash you have to come see this" he looked over before slowly setting down his cup and standing to make his way to us.

He lent down looking at her, still not a word "Bash, its alright to scream, cry, yell. All of it" I removed my hand from his shoulder as he straightened up. "I'm fine" like I would beleive that "Well...at least eat something. I swear its almost, edible" I set the cup on the table in front of him.

Oatmeal again, it was th eonly thing I knew how to cook, someone was going to have to help me with that at some point. I looked up at him, not one bite, not even a glance, he just stared ahead at that same yellow kite he had been staring at for days.

Y/N:
I stood outside waiting. Anne was coming to pick me up, today was the day Ka'kwet would join the new school for them. 'Teach them our values' or whatever that was, I didn't get why they need to do so anyway, in my opion, their culture is way better than ours.

Though I've only seen the fun parts that Ka'kwet shoed so maybe it was more difficult than I think, I'd have to ask though. This was the first time I would leave the house since Mary... well you get the point, I hadn't left in days.

Some just spent sitting on the floor and thinking what it would be like if she was still here, Miss Stacy was getting worried though, she knew how close we were and she thought it'd be good if I went with Anne so here I am.

The sound of pounding hooves caught my attention, I made sure I had everything, Anne and I agreed to each give her a parting gift, mine being a book with a ribbon inside while hers was the first foraml dress she had gotten.

She slowed Bell to a stop with a smile on her face "What are you waiting for?! Hop on!" I nodded jumping up and sliding behing her while she held the reigns. I held on tight as we took off down the path to the train station where they would be leaving from, it seemed that we made it just in time when we saw her and her mother standing by the train as her father walked inside.

I got off first before Anne followed and made sure Bell was tied securely to the post. "Y/N? Anne?" I nodded walking over while Anne finshed the last knot and grabbed the dress while I held my present in my hands, she looked to me and I nodded "Hello my friends" we said, Ka'kwet had helped us learn some of their native language in the last time we came "Very good you two! You learned a lot in your last visit" I nodded as Anne stepped forward holding the dress, I stayed back for a moment as they talked.

When she was done I stepped up "I know the dress is beutiful. I don't have one so grand to offer but I hope you'll like this book, it helped me learn about a lot of different places, even a bit about your people! I just found it interesting, maybe something to read on the train" she smiled looking to her mother to translate what I had said.

Her mother seemed reluctant to accept another gift but she finally nodded with a smile, I handed Ka'kwet the book and she looked over the cover, this one wasn't as designed as the one Miss Stacy had given but it did have a few birds engraved on the front that she seemed to like.

"Thank you both! This is so amazing" I nodded, we turned when the conducter was heard asking for last call.

"It was lovely to see both of you, I wish you the best at your school! Anne and I should be getting back now." they both nodded and Anne tugged me to follow her quickly, "Whats wrong?" she darted her eyes behind me and I turned while she unhitched Bell, seeing Mrs. Lynde looking at the two of us.

My smile dropped and I gave a breif smile, I knew she would most likely try and rat Anne out so I ushered her to get on, as soon as she did I was up on the saddle holding on as we raced off.

Anne and I making quick time as we dismounted and grabbed our books, most of the kids were already inside, I slunk quietly to my seat, Miss Stacy giving us a nod, she knew where we had been but wouldn't dare tell Anne's parents.

She had certainly learned what could happen if you talked to the parent before the kid, class moved slowly, today was not very interesting although it was a good distraction from her. When the bell finally rung Miss Stacy left, she knew I preferred to ride with Anne when I could.

"You guys are so lucky you can ride like a boy" Diana said, Anne was once again untying Bell, "I hate that I can only sit side-saddle"

I laughed "Then try it one day, grab a horse when your parents aren't looking and try it"

"you know its not that simple, you've told us how your mother is. I'm honestly shocked that you can"

I had told them how she acts sure, but I may have left the whole 'getting kicked out' part from the story.

"Right. Yeah, I'm shocked to" I said slowly "You know what?"

"What?" Anne asked

"I'm gonna walk, Anne take her with you to show her how it feels"

"Oh, y/n you know I could ne-"

"I have made my choice. Now both of you, get going!"

They laughed at my demanding tone as I walked away. I walked down the path leading to home, though I slowed when I saw a famileier cairage outside.

I sighed, won't this be fun? Oh I'm sure it will be great. I marched up the stairs into the house, already hearing the voices from her kitchen.

"Mrs. Y/L/N with all due respect that is horrible"

"You can not just take my child!"

I walked in stopping the argument, I looked to 'mother' and leaned on the wall with an eyebrow raised. "Oh, a pleasure Mrs. Y/L/N, welcome on this fine afternoon. What may we help you with?" I could tell that only enraged her more and I smirked, this would be a show.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An: 1188 Words! Why hello all my wonderful
readers! I have recently had many new
comments and I just want to say thank you!
I really do enjoy reading them and it
tells me how you feel about the story!
As always leave any, questions,
suggestions, comments, or concerns!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Happy
Reading Bookworms!