Season 3 (Morning Paper)

Y/N:
The next day things just seemed to get worse.

We all sat together in the classroom, the room had taken on a lot of tension and everyone was arguing.

"Is it really so bad? They're practically engaged"

I had kept out of the conversation... until then, I quickly turned to face her, everyone could when I was angry and this is the face that showed it.

"Are you serious?! Would you want something like that happening to you? You have no clue how she feels" I seethed, Anne nodded in agreement "Billy had no right, regaurdless!"

"None of us saw what happened, and besides Josie's always been ill-bred. Rmember how she forced us to play that kissing game?" Jane said, I turned next over to her with a hard glare.

"Oh my word I beleive you have all gone blind!" I exclaimed dramatically before turning serious "you saw her face, we all did. Tell me honestly, did that look like a girl who wanted any of that?".

I paused letting it sink in before continuing "And though I'm not her biggest fan, no one deserves to have that happen to them" Diana nodded along "A kiss is also fine when there is consent" the girls barely heard her as they continued amongst themselves.

"They were unchaperoned. Remember when LAvender Lewis was caught doing some matrimonial smapling with Stephen Mills? No one would marry her after that. She had to move to Winipeg!" Tillie exclaimed, Jane laughed slightly "Josie's reputation is runined" thats it.

"I get it Jane. You don't like her but you are acting vile! Billy's reputation should be in shambles after everything he has done! He shoudln't still be the school 'perfect boy'!"

"Exactly, he was heedless and disrespectful! Josie has every right to be upset" Anne added we were ready to continue when a voice interupted.

"So, I suppse we should get to work" Gilbert walked over Anne whipped around "Is it more important to talk about who has the biggest cabbage than to discuss issues which concern an entire gender? What's were hurry?" she glanced barely to me before back at Gilbert "Need to catch a train to Charlottetown?" my eyes widened slightly but I kept to myself for once.

Anne turned back to us "You don't need a crystal ball to see that Josie Pye has been wronged!" I nodded while others stayed quiet for a moment "Do you want to write about the balloon or..." I turned to Moody mouth agape, were they really going to brush past this like nothing?!

"I'll write about the fancyworks" I looked to Anne but only saw her staring off into space.

That look she had though never meant anything good, I tried to get her attention but she was off, she didn't look to me, I decided she needed some time while I walked over to a group, Gilbert being in the one I chose sadly.

I sat down to help, they didn't blink an eye until I spoke "I really can't beleive you all have sunk this low. To defend him after that is disgusting" the others looked at me "Y/N, we aren't defending-" Gilbert started but I interupted him.

"Save it, all of you have tried time and time again to say something against Josie in this and to blame the whole thing on her. Well guess what? It's not her fault, its' Billy's and I don't care if you're related or friends with him, if you defend him then you are just as bad." they said nothing more and carried on with the writing.

I glanced back to see Anne writing furiously in her paper, this couldn't be good.

I walked over but she moved the paper from my sight, "You'll see it soon" "What do-" "Y/N, please let me write" I nodded stepping away, though I didn't have a good feeling about it I couldn't really stop her if she wouldn't even tell or show me anything about it.

                                                                                                                                  ***
I was right.

I took a paper and instantly found her article while I sat down by Stacy, lets just say it was very controversial. I mean I agreed with most of the things but she may have went to far on this one, I listened around me as the murmers began to get louder in the church, I handed the paper to Stacy as the murmurs turned into loud talking.

Oh this would so not go well, Stacy finished "Oh dear", I understood, I loved Anne bringing this issue to light but the part that basically called out Josie was not a good choice.

For her that would most likely do more harm then good, other than that I loved it honestly, I knew Stacy could tell I liked the piece except for that one bit and she gave me a look.

I shurgged "You must agree that she is right. I don't think that one bit should have been added but she speaks the truth, Stacy" there was a yell from Rachel in the front row and I sighed, suddenly there was crying heard and next thing I knew Josie had taken off from the church, her parents following not long after.

I couldn't imagine her pain right now, oh Anne would get such an ear-full from me.

"Why didn't you talk with her?" Stacy asked "Honestly I had a feling she was up to something but she wouldn't let me see or talk to her about it, I'm sorry" "It's not your fault, she shouldn't have-" "This is a school newspaper not a bully pulpit!" Billy's father sneered.

I glared at him "Well maybe if you taught you son some mann-" Stacy cut me off "A conversation will be had" he nodded and turned back to the front.

The Father got peoples attention and the room settled as he began to read.

Though everyone was quiet now the tension only seemed to multiply, needless to say, it was a very uncomfortable service today.

----------------------------------------------------------------
An: 1008 Words! Sorry it was pretty
short, also to anyone reading
if you think the way of Billy or
people who blame Josie
then get the fuck out right
now, that will not be tolerated
and if I see any comments
saying it was her fault you will
be blocked or your
comment will be taken down. As
always leave any
questions, suggestions,
comments, or concerns! I hope
you enjoyed this
chapter!
Happy
Reading
Bookworms!