Season 3 (Struggles)

Gilbert:
We were already at the cafe down the street within five minutes.

I held out her chair and she sat down with a polite thank you and the waiter came over to help us get started.

The first part being tea, now I must admit, I have never done anything like this before so if I'm completely honest I am clueless on how this is supposed to go and you know... its not like dad is here to help, well in spirit I guess. I tried to grab the handle but she pushed my hand away "Sorry, sorry" she simply smiled and poured both cups "Proceed" I looked over the table spotting some things to mix in.

"Would you like some-" "Oh no not for me. Thank you" I nodded setting it down before taking a breath and trying a conversation. "So Winifred... how old are you?" that seemed like a--oh nope, okay, she looked shocked and choked on her tea a bit, I stopped talking.

When she regained composure she set her cup down and looked up at me "Is this your first time Mr. Blythe?" I laughed a bit "Hmm. What gave it away?" she nodded "Why don't I talk you through this? I pour, you pay. We're not supposed to talk about anything so interesting as ages, politics, dreams. And if you're having fun, you're doing it wrong".

I guess I could handle that, "Seems like you've done this before" "And I've always been bored" she took another sip of tea "Acceptable topics include the weather, but thats low-hanging fruit, the decor, the sermon given at church recently. And you should compliment my..." "Oh your...your hair--" "Ah! Trick question! No compliments. Shall we start over?" I nodded slightly amused.

"Miss Rose, thank you for accompanying me to this...tea place. Isn't it...lovely?" "Isn't it? I do enjoy the blossoms" she touched the one on our table "I was wondering what you thought of the last sermon given at...whichever church you attend" "I especially enjoyed the part about those of us destined to burn in hell. Did you enjoy that bit?" "Very much, I like the heat" I could see her holding in a laugh which she hid with a scoff.

"Mr. Blythe! A better lady might have taken her leave" "But you laughed" she nodded "perhaps a sign we should be getting back" I nodded "Oh I know this one!" I stood from my chair and went to pull her own out for her, like a gentleman.

Only she stumbled and grasped my hand "Oh I'm sorry I-" I stopped when I saw he amusedly staring at me "The best part about knowing the rules is finding acceptable ways to break them" she slowly tokk her hand from mine "You have much to learn".

Still a bit flustered I replied "I expect I'll need a second lesson" before we left I grabbed one of the small flowers she had admired. I'll remember this.

Y/N:
Cole had brought us back to the train and we all said our goodbyes, no Gilbert, I assume he's already boarded.

Not like I care though, why would I?

I gave Annes shoulder a encouraging pat and she smiled before heading on the train, I waved once more to Cole before following up the steps behind her.

She stayed silent as we walked down the isle until eventually coming to a smiling Gilbert holding a small violet flower in his hand. Strange.

We both sat down, I was against the window while she was torwards the isle "How did things go with your search?" I looked to Anne for an answer "Fine" she gave a small smile, a fake one, but a smile nonetheless.

He didn't notice and he breifly looked to me beofre looking down at the flower in his hands and admiring it once more.

The train ride was much calmer this time around. I walked Anne home once we departed from the train, "Would you like a hug? You know, before you go in?" I asked as we stood on the steps, she nodded and quickly pulled me in.

"I'm so sorry, Anne, we will go back alright?" she nodded against my shoulder and pulled away "Thank you for helping" I gave her a smile and waved while stepping down to the soft grass. "I'll see you soon" without another word she went inside and I turned on my heel and walked home.

It was quite late so I made sure to be careful when I opened the door, Mother has been trying to talk lately and quite frankly I'm tired and don't need her endless ranting. Thankfully there were no sounds heard and I made it upstairs quickly.

Time for some much needed rest. I woke up to a punding on my door and groaned sitting up tirerdly, school couldn't be so soon right? "Y/N! Get out here now!" it was Father. Father never gets this angry, I don't beleive I've done anything to warrent this.

I shot up and threw on a quicj dress before racing to my door and yanking it open. There stood Mother and Father and I could spot Annabeth not far from us with a look of fear on her face, this is so not good "Yes?" "You have ignored your mother for months!" are we just stating facts? I can do that to "I have. She slapped me and screamed at me I think its warranted" Annabeth gasped at this, I hadn't told her or anyone really for that matter.

Not even Father.

"That is still no excuse! I am tired of you being like this! You may have your things needed for college if you even make it! Other than that you are out of this house!" my stomach dropped.

"This family is no longer yours, the money for your education has been stored for that time if it ever comes and that is the only thing you will get from us" he spoke with such finality that it scared me.

"Father you can't possibly-" "stay out of this Annabeth!" she sank back and I gave her a grateful look for trying but this? This was out of her hands now.

"I guess I'll just...grab my things and leave" he said nothing as they all watched me gather the few items of value. A few dresses and hats, all of my books and especially gaurding Miss Stacys.

I tried to give Annabeth a proper goodbye but was blocked from her as to 'not to taint her with my failure to be a good child' or so Father says. Tears were streaming down her face as I took one last look at the place I had called 'home' before turning on my heel and walking out.

I was carrying my things in my hand, no where to go and if I set them down they would get ruined, I had nowhere and school started soon.

No one would take me, I would have to sleep on the ground or something unless... no I can't burden someone with me, but this is survival if I'm being real. No more food unless its stolen, no more water unless its dirty, no more anything.

I made up my mind, go to the one place that might a good area for me. I walked down the path to the house, it was tucked away in a small forest and had beutiful trees surrounding it. I could tell why she liked it. I neared the home, I relized I didn't even need to knock because she was already on the steps watching me.

Miss Stacy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
An: 1280 Words! Okay did this go as you all
expected? Was it a shock? I don't know
the idea just kind of came to me and I
decided to roll with it. I really hope you
liked it though! I had some trouble
with wording tonoght for some weird
reason so I'm sorry if it seems a bit
off! Also thank you all for over 3.6K!
I love and appreciate all of you!
As always leave any, questions,
suggestions, comments, or
concerns! I hope you enjoyed
this chapter! Happy Reading
Bookworms!