Season 3 (Fair Troubles)

Y/N:
Anne pulled me away from the window, my face still red from embarrassment. "Lets get going" she said slowly walking down the stairs, myself in tow while she singnalled for me to stayt quiet.

I wanted to question it but she seemed very adament that we left unnoticed so I kept quiet, once we made it outside we took off "Anne where are we going?!" she laughed while I struggled to keep up, I was never much of a runner.

"Diana's! I need to tell her about all of this, we have been watching you two and what you do for so long. I placed my bets on when you'll be married" my mouth fell open as we got to her porch.

"What do you mean placing bets?" I hissed, she shrugged with a smirk still evidnet on her face "Just a few things here and there, nothing serious" she knocked on the door "here and there? Annne Shirley-Cuthbert if you don-" I was cut off from my rant as Diana opened the door, a smile on her face when she saw us.

Anne smiled as well but I just scowled "Whats wrong y/n?" Diana asked, I shook my head and took a breath before letting a msile settle on my face "Nothing, Anne said we should come" she nodded stepping aside and letting us through the door and up to her room.

She let us sit on her bed "So, what's this surprise visit about?" she asked, she stood in front of the both of us with a raised eyebrow.

Anne looked to me before returning her attention to Diana "Oh nothing... Just more details about y/n and Gilbert have developed. I know we already talked about dance practice but this is a new one" Diana sqealed as my eyes widened, I can't beleive they even had meetings to discuss this, but who am I kidding I really should have expected it.

"Tell me everything!" Anne began to detail the whole visit as Diana began to get out dresses for tomorrow.

She had a thing about the three of us looking our best, it was strange but I think its her way of showing she cares "And then we were standing at the window watching him leave when I sneexed and he looked up, I swear the look he gave her!" Anne exclaimed excitedly.

I groaned leaning back on the bed "It was mortifying!" the two laughed, Diana set a dress in front of me, it was rather stunning I could already tell this would match me in the best ways.

"He was there for cufflinks" I complained "who even goes somewhere for that? Its not like its needed at a fair" Diana and Anne shared a look before Anne spoke "Do you think that maybe he wanted to see you?" I laughed "How would he have known I was with you?" she shrugged "Its really not uncommon for you to be at my house, and you must not have seen the way his eyes lit up when he saw you, and how they lingered".

Her and Diana had wide grins across each of their faces "You guys can't be serious, there is no way a handsome and incredible boy such as Gil-" I stopped when I had relized what I said, immeditatly shutting my eyes and closing my mouth.

When I finally opened them again Anne and Diana were staring at me so intensley.

"You just said-"

"I am aware, thank you Anne"

"So does that mea-"

"It means nothing!"

"Oh really?" Anne asked, I nodded vigorously.

It couldn't mean anything...could it?

"What about when Cole said he had a crush on you?"

"He wouldn't, he could never have an ounce... right? Could he, do you think there is a chance?" I asked slowly, they looked between each other and then nodded.

"It's just... Every year we always have the most amazing conversations, this year being no different. He actually supports my dreams, even helps me with them and trust me not many people do that, I would know. And at dance when our hands met...".