Chapter 22

Hermione POV

I wake up the next morning to the sound of someone coming in through the floo network. I open my eyes to see Draco sitting up to see who is here.

"You stay here. Do I need to bring you more potion?" I nod my head, laying back down. He gets up and heads down the stairs. 

" Hello? " he calls out. I hear mumbling but can not tell about is talking. After a few minutes the bedroom door flies open and Ginny runs in. 

"Good morning!" She cheers while. plopping down in Draco's place. I let out a small sneeze before weakly smiling hat her. Her face softens and she's looks and me worried.

"What happened?" I shrug.

" I woke up yesterday feeling bad but pushed through. When I got home after work I could barely move I felt so bad. " I explain while sitting up against my pillows. She nods while listening and makes herself comfortable in the bed. 

"It's just a simple juggle cold but it will take a few days to get over." Just then Draco walks in with a mug and potion. He stops in his tracks when he sees Ginny sitting in his spot under the covers. Ginny smirks from her spot before turning back to me. I see Rack shake his head before walking over to my side.

"Here take this. It should help with your symptoms without making to tired." He hands me a vial of blue potion and I quickly till it back, cringing at the taste. Next he hands me a mug of tea.

"I'll be downstairs looking over a few case files. Call me if you need anything. " I nod and he leans down to place a short kiss on my lips. He walks out and I turn my attention to Ginny.

"So Mrs. Potter what can I do for you today?" She smiles at me.

" Well originally I was coming to talk to you about New Years, but now that I see you are sick never mind."

"No I should be fine! I told your mother that we would host New Years here. I was wanting to invite the whole Weasley clan, and some other people like Seamus and Dean and maybe Blaise if Draco wants too." I see her look at me skeptical.

"Are you sure you want to host? I'm sure mom wouldn't mind if we moved some stuff around. Maybe we could have it at Harry and I's"

"I'm sure Ginny." She lets out a sigh of defeat and I smile.

"My plan is to have my version of a gala. Nice dresses and all but simple food and just friends and family. Narcissa's gala was a lot of fun but it was very posh and proper. Which we both know is none of our friends or family." Ginny and I both laugh.

"So what kind of theme should I be expecting?"

"Honestly wear whatever. I'll probably wear my dress from Narcissa's gala." Ginny gasps at me.

"You will do no such thing. The minute you are feeling better we are going to go find new dresses."

"Ginny, I don't need another dress." The redhead just shakes her head before giving me a pointed look. I sigh knowing there is no point in arguing. Once she has her mind set there is no changing it. 

"Fine." She smiles in victory. We continue talking for the next few hours before she leaves, saying that Harry will be by her house soon for lunch. 

"I will owl you within the next few days when I start feeling better," I promise as I follow her down the stairs. As I turn the corner to head into the living room Draco appears with a pointed look on his face. 

"What do you think you are doing out of bed?" He quirks his eyebrow before looking at Ginny. 

"I was walking Ginny to the floo and then getting back in bed." Ginny nods, confirming what I told him. 

"Don't worry about the rest of the way, I know where I am going. I'll see you later this week." I watch as Ginny walks out and I turn back to Draco. 

"You really couldn't just let me walk her to the floo, it's right there." I ask annoyed. 

"You need to rest. Your cold won't go away if you don't." I roll my eyes before turning towards the stairs. 

"Muggle colds just go away by themselves with medicine, normal medicine at that, not potions. So the fact I am taking potions that are way stronger that anything I would normally take tells me that my cold won't last long." I head up the stairs and can hear him following closely. 

"I'm just trying to help." I sigh before turning back to him. 

"I understand that and thank you. But Draco out of the two of us I'm the expert on muggle sickness. I know your healer brain wants to help but what I have is more simple than anything you would have learned about." I smile and place a kiss on his cheek before fully going up the stairs. I hear him following me up the stairs and I walk into the room. 

"Come lay with me." I say while taking his hand in mine. I see him nod and we both climb in the bed. He begins playing with my fingers and my smile widens. It still amazes me sometimes that he can be so gentle, I remember when we were kids how cruel he could be to our fellow classmates. I don't believe there was anyone in another house that did not fight with him at some point. Yet here we are several years later laying in OUR bed in OUR house.  

"What's going through your head?" Draco asks while placing a kiss on my temple. 

"Not much, just about when we were kids. It still amazes me sometimes to think about how you use to be compared to now, I know I've said it before but sometimes I feel like it's a dream and I'll wake up and be in a tent on the run." I explain thinking back to when I was living in a tent with my best friends. 

"This isn't a dream, you really are here with me and nothing will change that. You and I are going to make a future for ourselves, like I've said I will marry you one day, that's a promise." He tells me with a stern look on his face. 

"I'm going to hold you to that promise." I tell him while pulling myself to his chest. 

"Do you ever want kids?" He asks out of the blue. I shrug. 

"I guess, it hasn't ever been something I sat down and thought about. Do you want kids?" He nods. 

"When I was younger I swore I would never have children of my own, just because of my father. But now that I am with you and see how you make me a better man I feel that I could be a good father." I roll over onto my side and look him in the eyes. His grey eyes have lightened and have a spark of hope in them. 

"You will be an amazing father, I have no doubt about that." He smiles and pulls me into a kiss.