Chapter 33

Hermione POV
We step out into our foyer and I hear Draco let out a sigh. He leaves me standing there as he heads upstairs to our room, pulling his jacket off as he climbs the stairs. Letting out a huff of air, I make my way into the living room where I collapse onto the couch. My dress piles up around me and I kick off my shoes. The pain in my feet resolves and I make myself comfortable in my seat. If Draco wants to be by himself then I am going o give him the time to be by himself.
Pandora makes her way into the living room and hops up beside me, rubbing against my arms. I smile at the cat and rub under her chin.
"Hey baby girl." She purrs and I smile at her. We both sit on the couch, patiently waiting for Draco to come back downstairs. Every few minutes I hear him pacing back and forth before stopping and then starting again. Seeing his father tonight really set him off, I can only imagine what is running through his head.
Instead of sitting here doing nothing I make a floo call to Ginny and ask if her and Harry want to come over for tea. Ginny quickly agrees and says they will be over in a minute. I head into the kitchen and put the kettle on the stove, just right of the stove I reach up and pull out some mugs for us.
As I get everything together I hear the fireplace roar to life as Ginny and Harry step out.
"In here." I call out. They walk into the kitchen, laughing and talking about something Teddy did today.
"You look nice Mione." Ginny says when she notices me in my dress still.
"Thanks, Draco and I just got back from a gala at Narcissa's that didn't end well." I explain while turning to face them. They look at me worried and I just shrug. "Narcissa threw a welcome home for Lucius without giving us a warning. It didn't end well." Harry's eyes widen.
"Lucius is out?" I nod.
"Apparently he was granted permission to serve the last bit of his sentence at home because of good behavior." Ginny scoffs, not believing Lucius could have good behavior. "Either way, Draco didn't react well and we left. Now he is in our room, I am giving him some space to calm down a little."  Just then the kettle squeals and we sit down for teas.
We sit there for about an hour just talking before I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I glance at Ginny and Harry before getting up.
"I'll be right back." As I turn to walk into the living room Draco walks into where we are talking. Draco looks at Harry and Ginny confused before looking over at me. I hold out my hand and he takes it before leading me into the other room.
He stops in the middle of the living room before pulling me into a hug.
"I am so sorry I reacted the way I did." I mumbles into my hairs.
"It's fine baby. Nobody blames you for how you reacted. I would have done the same thing if I were in your shoes."  He shakes his head.
"No, I shouldn't have pushed you away and locked myself in the room."
"you didn't lock yourself in our room. I decided to let you have your time to calm down. That's why Ginny and Harry are over, we were having tea and talking." He nods, understanding what I mean.
"Well it's a good thing they are here, because there is something I want to talk to you about, and if you agree we will need them." I look at him confused. "I want us to elope." I gasp at what he says. This idea is coming out of no where, we both have been so focused on trying for a baby that we haven't even talked about if we would get married.
"Draco, where is this coming from?"
"I was thinking while I was in our room and we both known my father is a ruthless man. He will do anything to get back at me if he does not agree with what I am doing." I nod agreeing, Lucius would do anything to get his way.
"I don't see what this has to do with us getting eloped." Draco lowers his voice.
"I'm worried that he won't approve of us being together and to get back will claim this child is illegitimate and therefore not a Malfoy heir because we are not married."
"He can't do that can he? I mean you are now he head on the Malfoy family." Draco shakes his head.
"I was only head because he was is prison. I have a feeling he is going to fight for his title back, and if he does then he will control everything again." Draco takes a seat on the couch and lets out a frustrated sigh. I kneel down in front of him and pull his ands away from his face.
"Hey, look at me." His stormy grey eyes look up at me. "If you feel this is what is best for our family then lets do it. I can get Kingsley here and have Harry and Ginny be witnesses, we can be married in the next 2 hours."
"No, not tonight. Let's do it tomorrow afternoon, I was thinking about it. If I can't give you a Malfoy style wedding then I want you to still have a special day. In the morning you, Ginny, and Astoria go find a dress while Harry, Blaise, and I  set everything up." I smile because he put so much thought into this.
"Ok, we can do that. Why don't I go talk t Ginny and Harry while you talk to Blaise and Astoria." Draco nods before standing up. He helps me up and pulls me into a kiss before heading to the fire place.
Once e leaves I head back into the kitchen. Harry and Ginny look up at me expectantly.
"So Ginny, how do you feel about wedding dress shopping tomorrow?" Ginny gasps and squeals, shooting up from her chair. I laugh at her reactions.
"Calm down Ginny." Harry says with a laugh. He pulls his wife back down in her seat and gestures for me to sit back down. "Now please explain what in Merlin's name just happened."