Chapter 10

Hermione POV

I lead Draco into my flat with a smile on my face. I left my door cracked hoping he would notice and knock on it. 

"So how was your day at work?" I ask as we take a seat on my couch. He shrugs. 

"Not to bad just boring. We only had two cases some in today so I caught up on charts for the last half. How was your day once you got released?" Like him I shrug. 

"It was pretty boring, I got out about 12 and came straight here. The rest of the day I just read over my files so I can stay on top of stuff, I also called my partner and she filled me in on anything I might have missed. Actually you know my partner, Astoria Greengrass. Well actually it is Zabini now, she told me." He nods his head. 

"Yes I know her. In fact I was at lunch with them the day you moved into the building. But I don't recall her mentioning being your work partner." I just shrug. 

"Maybe she forgot."

"Maybe." We sit in silence for a few minutes before he speaks up again. "How are you feeling?" I shrug. 

"Fine. My arm only itches now, Dr. Aldo gave me some medicine to help but it makes my arm literally go numb and I don't like it." Draco nods and reaches into his pocket. 

"I keep some of this close at all times. It's only for minor injuries but it won't make your arm numb." He shows me a small jar before holding his hand out. I place my arm in this hand and he unwraps the bandage that I had placed to keep me from scratching. I watch his face and see him slightly wince when he lays eyes on the scar. I have a feeling it is not because of the scratches but because of the scar I will have for the rest of my life. Before placing the cream on my arm he leans down and places a gentle kiss to my scar. 

"If I could go back and help you some way that night I would in a heartbeat. It killed me watching my Aunt lean over your body." I place a hand on the back of his head causing him to look up at me. 

"I'll say this once and I don't want to hear you say anything about it again. I do not blame you for anything that happened you did what you had too. If you had helped me you and your family would have been killed. Granted I do not like your father by any means your mother is the reason that Harry is alive and the war was won by good. So do not wish you would have helped, really in a way you helped already. You kept your family alive to help keep Harry alive." I say with a voice that says 'do not argue with me'. Draco silently nods before rubbing the cream of my scratches. Within minutes I feel the difference, while the itch is not fully gone but it is bearable. 

"Better?" He asks and I nod. 

"Much better." He smiles and I lean my head on his shoulder. 

"Thank you." I mutter my eyes growing heavy. Before I know it I drift off into unconsciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I sit up in bed, the sun not even up yet. I look around and see I am in my bed, thinking back to the previous night I know I fell asleep on the couch. Draco must have carried me into my room. Beside my bed my alarm clock reads 7:00, I climb out of bed quickly and hop in the shower. Planning out what I need to do I know I have about 15 minutes to shower before I need to get out and finish getting ready for work.  As I finish my shower I wrap a towel around my body and head into my closet to pull out my outfit for the day. A white flowy blouse with light pink trousers.

My time quickly flies by and next thing I know I am standing outside of my new office

My time quickly flies by and next thing I know I am standing outside of my new office. After the few days I have had this little bit of normal is amazing. As I walk through the doors I notice that a girl with long brown hair and brown eyes standing there. She smiles and makes her way towards me. 

"Hermione Granger, it's good tot see you." She greats me. Immediately I know she must be Astoria, my new partner. 

"It is good to see you as well. I am so sorry I was not able to make it yesterday." She just waves it off. 

"Do not be sorry, I understand it was out of your control. Now let's get you to our office and I'll catch you up on what has been going on." I smile and follow her up the hallway. As we walk she points out small little things throughout the department. 

"Over there is the break room, most people don't use it but it's there if you want it. Next to that is our bosses office, he is never in there. I always find him hanging out at the front desk or talk to different workers." She continues her tour for a few minutes before we reach a door at the end of the hallway. "And this right here is our shared office." She opens the door and inside is a surprisingly modern office. 

"It's beautiful in here

"It's beautiful in here." I say while taking in my surroundings, immediately my eyes go to the two bookshelf's on each side of the room. As I walk closer to get a better look I hear a small laugh behind me. 

"I should have known you would go straight to the shelf's, even though I was a year behind it was widely known your love for books." I blush slightly and turn around with a smile. 

"I just find books so beautiful, there's something about them that draws me in." She nods.

"I know what you mean, I might not be your level but I do love reading. When I find a good book it feels like I am transported to that world." Finally I think to myself, someone understands why I have my love for books. We spend the next few moments talking about random things before she pulls out some paperwork 

"I hate to throw you straight into work with it being your first day but we have a case with top priority. As you know we work for the Beast department so we file the paper work when wizards and witches want a magical beast in their possession." She explain while opening the case file, inside I find the familiar face of games keeper, Rubeus Hagrid.  

"As we both know from our years at Hogwarts Hagrid has a special love for beast and has been given special permission to take care of a Dragon for Charlie Weasley. Apparently Charlie will be on an extended mission for a year and needs  Hagrid to watch over said dragon. We have a short time frame to get all of the paper work filed and sent in to be approved by the board." She explains while handing me half of the papers in the folder.

"These are pretty self explanatory but if you have questions just ask." She sits down and her desk and I sit down and mine and begin working. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time 5 rolls around we have filled out 3 cases and have filed away over 10. 

"I have to say this goes a lot quicker with a partner. Normally I can get through 2 cases and MAYBE file 3 finished ones." Astoria says with a laugh. 

"Do you mind if I take this case file to finish up at home? Get a head start for tomorrow you know." I say while packing up some of my stuff. She shrugs. 

"Sure I don't see why not. Just give me a call if you need anything." She says before leaving. I slide the case into my bag and appreating to my flat. 

Collapsing onto the couch I do not move until I hear a knock on my door. Slowly I get up from the couch and answer the door. Standing there are Ginny and Harry. 

"Hey guys come on in. I'll make dinner." I say opening the door wider.