Chapter 19

Hermione POV

Christmas morning

"Get up, get up, get upppppp." I yell while excitedly bouncing up and down on the bed. Draco rolls over onto his other side and lets out a grunt before falling asleep again. I roll my eyes at him before pushing him with all my strength. I send his body rolling and he falls off the bed. With a yelp he hits the ground and I can't help but laugh. He sits up and glares at me. 

"What on earth has given you the idea to wake me up by pushing me out of bed?" 

"It's Christmas!!!" I cheer while reaching over to my nightstand and pulling out a Santa hat and reindeer antlers. Draco glares at the items in my hand and I laugh before quickly putting the Santa hat on his blonde hair. 

"I'm not wearing this." He goes to pull the hat off and finds that it is stuck.

"It won't come off until I take it off of you." I say with a laugh before pulling him out of bad and down the stairs. 

"I figured we could do our gifts together before going to your Mother's and then the Borrow." I say while pulling out the small box I wrapped the night before. 

"Are you sure we HAVE to go to The Borrow? I mean if we run into Weasel I cannot promise that he will not leave with a black eye." I give him an unamused look. 

"Yes we have to go. Don't worry Ginny assured me that when we arrive Ron will have already left. Apparently he is going to the Parkinson's tonight." I watch as Draco shutters at the thought of the Parkinson's. "Not very found." He playfully rolls his eyes while reaching under the tree to pull out a box. 

"Not at all. But that is a story for another time." We take a seat in the floor facing each other and I hand him my gift. He carefully unwraps the paper before pulling out the box, in the box sits a beautiful gold pocket watch. 

"It isn't much really but when I found it I thought of how you use to complain of never knowing the time when we were at Hogwarts." I explain as he holds it in his hands, taking in all the details. 

"I love it. It looks amazing." He leans forward and places a kiss on my lips before handing me his gift. Not wasting anytime I tear into the packaging. Like Draco's gift I find a box. The difference between the two though is this box is blue velvet. I glance up slightly worried as to what the gift could be, but when I open the box I find a small emerald necklace. 

"Draco i-it's beautiful

"Draco i-it's beautiful." I gently run my hand along the stone, mesmerized by its beauty. 

"It was my Grandmother's on my father's side. It is passed down to each women in the Malfoy family." My eyes widen as he explains it's history. "Don't look so surprised. I told you once, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. And even though we are not married or even engaged you are a Malfoy in my mind. Therefore this necklace belongs to you." With tears in my eyes I once again lean forward and my lips meet Draco's.