Chapter 14

Hermione POV

"It's time to go inside." Draco mumbles from beside me. For the last few hours Draco and I have walked around the Malfoy Manor grounds. He has showed me his favorite spots from his childhood, including the small lake where a couple peacocks live.

"Already?" I look around us and see the sun setting over the lake.

"Well actually we are 10 minutes late, but Mother knew that we most likely would be." I nod I slowly follow behind my boyfriend, caught up in my own nervous thoughts. I get so caught up that I do not notice when Draco suddenly stops.

"Mione, are you ok." He asks while turning to face me. Without saying anything I shake my head, biting my lip.

"What's wrong?"

"I really don't know. I guess just nerves. I'm meeting your mother, the women who is willing to defy Voldemort just to save you. What if I don't fit her standards, what if she thinks I am nothing but a money hungry Mudblood." I look up at him slightly shaking with tears in my eyes.

"Like I said before what others think does not matter, that includes my mother. We stuck together at Hogwarts where everyone literally hated my guts. We can survive my mothers opinion, you aren't some money hungry Mudblood, you are Hermione Jean Granger smartest witch of our age and MY girlfriend. If you were able to survive going on the run and defeating the dark lord you can survive this." He tells me, slowly melting away my fears. I take a deep breath and nod. He takes my hand and we walk inside the big double doors.

As soon as our feet hit the foyer floor all eyes were on us. My eyes widen and I freeze. Draco notices and wraps an arm around my waist.

"Deep breath, you've got this. You look hot and that's why they are starring." I chuckle and we both walk further into the room.

"Draco darling!" Mrs. Malfoy gracefully glides through the room stopping in front of us. She looks absolutely stunning in her teal gown with gold a underlay.

"Happy birthday Mother

"Happy birthday Mother." Draco says while wrapping his arms around the smaller woman.

"You look stunning Mrs. Malfoy." I say from behind the two. She pulls away from her son and turns to me with a smile.

"Thank you Ms. Granger. But I must say you look lovely. I have never seen anything like your dress before. It looks amazing on you." I blush and the compliment and thank her.

"Please enjoy yourselves tonight, dinner should be served shortly." She tells us before gracefully walking off. 

"Wow." I mutter while releasing the breath I was holding. Draco laughs and takes my hand. 

"I told you it wouldn't be bad." He says while spinning me and placing a hand on my waist. 

"Care to dance?" He asks with a wink before leading us onto the dance floor. We sway to the music lost in our own world as other couples move around us.