Chapter 12

A week later

Draco POV

"Please Hermione. It will be fun I promise." I beg following her into her flat.

"No Draco, it will not be fun. Can you imagine what will be said if you show up with me." She says with a sad face. My mother owled me this evening telling me that she is throwing a gala for her birthday and asked me to join. Along with myself she included that I could bring a plus one if I had anyone in mind. Of course I went straight to Granger's to ask her to attend.

"I don't care what will be said about our relationship. I have you and that's what matters." I say while wrapping my arms around her waist and setting my chin on her shoulder.

"I don't care what other people have to say about me, but I do care what your mother has to say about me. She is your family, she is blood and she will be there forever." Granger mumbles leaning back into me. I turn her around to face me and place my hand on her cheek.

"You will be there forever if I have any say. I lost you once Hermione I will not loose you again." She smiles and I place a gentle kiss on her lips. Hermione wraps her arms around my neck and I begin to sway back and forth. "So, will you come with me to the gala?" She sighs.

"I guess. When is this gala?" I remove my arms from around her waist and pull out the invite from my pocket.

"According to the owl the gala will be held on November 5th. So in about 2 weeks.

"Oh gosh, that's so soon

"Oh gosh, that's so soon. I have to find a dress. Maybe I can pick up some extra hours at the office to get a dress." She mumbles the last part to herself before slightly nodding. I guess agreeing with her idea.

"Do not dare worry about how to pay for your dress." She opens her mouth to argue but I stop her.

"No, you are not going to worry about anything, I asked you to come and I will take care of the price of your dress." I give her a looks and she rolls her eyes and gives me a small smile. We walk over to the couch and take a seat, Hermione leaning into my side and my arm around her shoulder.

"How was your day at work?" I ask after a few minutes of comfortable silence. She shrugs.

"It was slow, we only had two cases come in. The rest of the time I caught up on some reading I've been meaning to do."

"How is working with Astoria? Any weird feelings since she was a Slytherin." She shakes her head quickly.

"Surprisingly not at all. We work very well together. While working we usually talk about our earl days at Hogwarts or she tells me about how she and Blaise got together. From what I hear it was a weird situation." I nod thinking back to our last year of Hogwarts and how Blaise would follow Astoria around the castle.

"That was an interesting situation to watch. Blaise would follow her around like a lost puppy and she had absolutely no interest in him." She laughs at the thought .