Chapter 2

Draco POV

Bumping into Hermione Granger in the stair well reminded me of the first time we truly talked during our 6th year at Hogwarts. She was running late for class right as I came around the corner and she knocked into me. 

Flashback

"Watch where you're going." Yell while standing up. I hear a scoff from behind me and turn to see Granger on the ground holding her wrist to her chest. I feel my face soften and I kneel down in front of her. 

"Are you okay?" I ask concerned. I mentally scold myself. Why are you asking the filthy mudblood. But as I scold myself I can feel the other part of me not caring. This was Hermione Granger the girl I had liked for years now. I look back down at her and she lets out another scoff, this I a lot more quiet. In her eyes I notice the tears welding up. Before she can speak I stop her. 

"Let me see your wrist." Without arguing she places her arm in my awaiting hand. "Well it isn't broken you can still move it. Looks like a simple sprain, just rest it the next few days you should be fine." I help her up carefully and she grabs the bag she dropped. 

"Thank you Malfoy." She says while wiping the tear that ran down her face. I nod and walk off. Before I am out of ear shot I yell out, "See you around Hermione." 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Thinking back now our interaction wasn't the biggest thing but it lead to the best year at Hogwarts I'd ever had. 

"Mate are you ok?" I shake my head and look around, Blaise is standing in front of me with a worried look on his face. I nod and look back down at my food. My best friend Blaise Zabini and his wife Astoria invited me over for dinner tonight.

"You were thinking of her again weren't you?" Astoria asks me with a sympathetic look. I just let out a sigh. 

"I saw her today, she just moved into my building. She thinks I hate her, the look on her face when she saw me tells me she feels the same way." I say while placing my chin in my hand. These 2 are the only ones that know what happened between Granger and I at Hogwarts. If it weren't for my father I would be with her, maybe engaged or even married by now. 

"Oh wow, I'm sorry mate. Maybe this is a good thing though. It gives you a chance to win her heart again. Show her you aren't the man she thinks you are." Blaise says with a smile. I just shrug. 

"I guess so. The only problem is getting her to actually talk to me. Saint Potter and the Weasel probably convinced her I am some traitor." 

"Stop, don't think like that. You are Draco Malfoy, one of the best wizards of our age. You can do anything." Astoria says. I nod with a small smile. Maybe they are right, if I was able to win Hermione's heart once I'm sure I can do it again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner I made my way back to my flat. I could easily apparate there but as I look out to the  London skyline I realize the short walk is worth it.

When I first moved to the muggle world it was a hard transition but after living here since the war I have come to appreciate it

When I first moved to the muggle world it was a hard transition but after living here since the war I have come to appreciate it. The way the live is fascinating, they have this thing called a tv and it tells stories like a book but with pictures and sound instead, its amazing.  

"Good evening Draco." I hear from behind me. I turn around and see Mr. Jones a local shop owner. 

"Hey Mr. Jones. How are you tonight?" I ask walking over to his store front. He smiles. 

"I'm doing well. Business is the same as normal. How have you been my boy? I haven't seen you around lately." He asks me setting the broom in his hand down. I shrug. 

"I've been ok. Just a lot going on." I say vaguely. He nods and I start walking towards my flat again. As I make my way up the stairs I hear humming coming down the stairs. I look up and see Hermione humming to herself with a basket of clothes. She must be heading down to the basement to do laundry. 

When she notices me walking past I see her give me a small smile before quickly finishing her decent. I let out a sigh. 

Hermione Granger was the definition of perfection to me. Her long curly hair, her eyes that I feel I could get lost in, her laugh that gives me butterflies every time I heard it, everything about her made me want to be a better person. But my dumb self had to throw that all away because I allowed my father, once, again, to get into my head. 

Walking back into my flat I see that I left this place a mess when I was in a rush to meet up with Astoria and Blaise. Since I have nothing better to do I decide to kill some times and clean the place up the muggle way.

I start with my bedroom, Hermione always said I had a bad habit of just throwing clothes around whenever she would come into my dorm. I now see why she said that, I fill a whole basket of clothes from my floor and set them aside to go start in a few minutes. Before heading downstairs I make my bed and open the curtains to my window. Smiling at the small amount of work I grab my basket and head back down the stairs. 

While the laundry is running I make my way to the living area, like in my room I open the curtains and open the doors to the balcony hoping to let in some fresh air. The rest of my night is spent cleaning up my flat in hopes to keep my mind off the girl living in my building. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco's Flat