Chapter 13

Day of the Gala

Hermione POV

"Good morning!" I hear my best friend yell as my front door slams open. I glance over from my spot in my kitchen and see Ginny running in with a tired looking Harry behind her.

"Good morning, care for some breakfast?" I direct my eyes to the pan on my stove where I am making an omelet. They both shake their heads saying they ate before coming over.

"So what exactly are you doing here so early?" Ginny's mouth drops and she looks at me like I am stupid.

"To help you get ready for the gala of course."

"But the Gala doesn't even start until 8 tonight, that's over 7 hours from now."

"Maybe but I was asked by a certain blonde to have you ready by 5." I start to ask questions but she cuts me off saying she was told not to tell me anything. Finally deciding to drop it I take my omelet and head out to the balcony.

"So how have you two been lately?" I ask while taking a bite of my food.

"We've been good, started to process of moving into Potter Manor. It's crazy, you can see how much of a hurry my parents were to get out of the place. They're room looks like they could walk in any minute, there were dead plants everywhere, and the kitchen was full of old food." Harry explains, I pick up a hint of sadness in his words. Ginny lays her head of his shoulder and smiles up at him.

"I can't wait until we get it fully cleared out and can make it our own. I especially can't wait to get a hold of the back yard." Harry laughs at his girlfriend.

"Ginny wants to turn the back yard into a Quidditch pitch."

"Can you imagine the games we could have, my family alone makes almost a whole team. Once my brothers start having a bunch of kids it's only time before we have 2 whole teams plus bench warmers." Harry laughs and rolls his eyes. I quickly finish my food and soon Ginny is dragging me into my room.

"Make yourself at home!" I yell to Harry before Ginny slams my bedroom door closed.

"Alright, you and I both know that I suck at make up so I asked for somebody to come help. They should be here in about 3 hours. Until then I want you to shower so I can do your hair." I nod and make my way into the bathroom.

Taking my time, I turn the water on letting it warm up to how I like it. Washing my body takes no time and soon I am on the long process of doing my hair. Using my lavender sented shampoo I was my hair. Running my fingers through my hair I realize how long it has gotten over the last few year, it now reaches to almost my waist.

When I finish my shower I wrap a rob around my body and with a wave of my wand I dry my hair. I walk back into my room and see that Ginny has set up an array of hair tools and products.

"I'm thinking we go with a half up half down look. Keep your curls and add in braids at the back of your head almost forming a crown." I nod and take a set and the vanity she conjured up while I was in the shower.

"I'm trusting you to not burn me. I'd rather not go to this event with a burn and someone mistake it for a hickey." Ginny laughs.

"I promise not to burn you. as long as you don't move. Besides the only heat I am using is to curl the end of your hair since those tend to just frizz out." I nod and Ginny gets to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About an hour and a half of pulling and teasing Ginny finally finishes her masterpiece and I am in love with it. She did as she said and kept my curls for the most part natural, at the back of my head she took two braid and pinned them in a crossing pattern.