Chapter 40

Hermoine POV 

 "Draco I swear to Merlin this will be our only child." I say weakly from my spot by the toilet. I have finally reached four months pregnant but with that has come extreme morning sickness. For the last week I have spent no less that 2 hours throwing up before having to head into work. Thankfully, every time this has happened Draco is right there with a wet wash cloth in one hand and in the other he has my hair pulled back. 

" I know Darling, you remind me every morning." I glare back at him. 

"And I will continue to remind you until I no longer spend my mornings vomiting." He sighs before wiping my forehead with the wash cloth. 

"Hopefully this will end soon, most women who experience severe morning sickness grow out of it by month 5 or so." I laugh bitterly at this fact. 

"Hate to remind you but that is almost a month away, which means a month of waking up at 4 in the morning." I slowly begin to stand as I complain. The nausea has started to fade and I need to get ready for work, Draco is quickly on his feet helping me stand. Without a care I begin to strip off my pajamas until I am left standing in my under clothes. Draco lets out a whistle and I roll my eyes. "Don't even start, I look disgusting." I say slightly upset. This past month I have really popped and I don't know how I feel about it. 

"Don't you start that, you are more beautiful than ever." He places a hand over my now noticeable bump before turning me towards our large mirror. "That bump right there is physical proof of our child. I know you might not like it but to me it is the most beautiful thing ever." He places a kiss to my temple before walking out of our bathroom. I take one more glance in the mirror before walking to the closet. Since my bump has popped it has been hard to find clothes that I feel comfortable in, so I usually end up in the same skirt with a different blouse. Today I opt to wear a white polka dot top with a grey pleated skirt and black flats.

It is comfortable enough and the shoes don't make my feet painfully swell. After I finish getting dressed I quickly fix my hair before walking downstairs where I find Draco sitting on the dinning room table with a cup of coffee. The smell of fresh coffee makes my mouth water and I let out a sad sigh. 

"Coffee is probably the one thing I miss most while pregnant." I say while sipping on my cup of orange juice. Draco chuckles as he takes a sip. 

"You could have decaf coffee." I shake my head and make a disgusted face. 

"It's not the same at all, it taste like cardboard to me." Deciding not to test fate I finish my orange just and eat a simple apple on my way into work. "I'll be at your office right after lunch, the office is having a half day because there are renovations on our floor so after my appointment I will just come straight home." Draco nods. 

"Healer Ellis is out of town today for a conference so I am not sure what time I will be home. If it gets too late go ahead and eat without me. According to my calendar I have a bunch of back to back appointments so it will be a long day." 

"Well then, we better get a jump start on our days!" I place a small kiss to his lips before heading out to our newly purchased car. Since I am pregnant it has become harder and harder to use wizarding modes of travel so we decided that purchasing a small family car would be the best move for us. Draco watches from the doorway until I am in the car pulling out of the driveway. I smile one last time his direction before I see the front door close as he goes to floor to work. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I arrive to work I see Astoria has already set to work and has a stack of papers sitting next to her. 

"You're here early." I say as I take a seat at my desk. She glances up at me and shrugs. 

"I got here about 30 minutes ago, figured that I should go ahead and get started early since we only get a half day to finish everything." I sigh. 

"Smart thinking. If I was able I probably would have gotten here early but that was not physically possible." Astoria gives me a small sad smile. 

"Sickness still kicking your arse?" I nod. 

"Majorly, I have spent every morning for the last week or so sick for almost 2 hours." 

"Do you at least feel better after those two hours?" I shrug. 

"It depends on the day, like this morning I don't feel nauseas but my body aches. Some days I will continue to feel queasy and other days I feel perfectly fine. Draco says that it is completely normal but it sure does suck." Astoria nods and we both fall silent as we both begin working. Based on what is sitting on my desk there is not anything major to do today, it appears to be simple paperwork. 

After several hours of endless paper work I heard a knock on the door, glancing up up I see a very  pregnant Ginny make her way into the room. She lets out a sigh before sitting herself in one of the extra chairs. I raise can eye brow and she rolls her eyes. 

"I'm sure you two have no idea but it's 12:30, Draco sent me to remind you before you missed your appointment." My eyes widen and I quickly glance at my watch. I have exactly 20 minutes to get to my appointment. 

"Thank you so much Ginny." I quickly gather my things before running out of the office. Even though Draco is handling my appointment for today I would hate to mess his schedule up because I was late. I make it to Saint Mungo's with 2 minutes to spare. I sign in and before I can even make it to the waiting room I am told to go ahead back. 

I give the receptionist a smile before making my way to Draco's office. I softly knock on the door and hear his strong voice tell me to come in. I open the door and see Draco sitting at his desk reading over several charts, his eyes glance up at me and he smiles before setting everything aside. 

"Glad to see you made it on time." He says with a chuckle while coming over to place a kiss on my lips. 

"Thank you for sending Ginny, I completely lost track of time." I take a seat on the examination table and the appointment starts. Today is one of my 2 week checks so it is simple and done before I know it. 

"Everything is looking good, I talked to Healer Ellis and she thinks that you are safe to back off to coming in once a month since you have made it to you second trimester." Draco explains as he cleans and puts away everything he used. 

"That's good, I'll make sure to schedule my 5 month check up before I leave." Draco nods and smiles before walking over to his desk. 

"Did you eat lunch today?" I give him a guilty look as I realize that I completely forgot. "I figured as much. I purposely scheduled your appointment to last an hour so you have time to eat this here" He says before pulling out my favorite meal from a local bakery. My mouth waters at the smell and I tackle Draco in a hug. 

"Merlin I love you." He hands me the bag and I take a seat in one of the consolation seats. I munch happily on my food while Draco types some stuff on his computer. Every so often I catch him looking over at me and  smile. 

Once my lunch is done I make my leave, telling Draco I will see him later tonight and to not worry about waking me up if he gets back late. He walks me to the front desk and kisses me one last time before heading back to the office. After scheduling my next appointment I leave with a smile on my face and start thinking about what to do with the rest of my day.