Chapter 8

Hermione POV

I look up startled, standing before me is the man I hoped to avoid for at least a week. Well really until I can figure out what is going on in my head. Draco not only lied to me but he obliviated me. But now that I have my memory back, the only thing that I really can focus on is the fact that I am still in love with him, even after everything he has done. I feel at this point he could do anything but in the end I am still going to love the platinum blonde Slytherin from Hogwarts. 

"Hermione what happened?" Draco asks stepping closer. Before he could get up to my bed I hear the doctor behind him clear his throat. Draco stop and looks at him before he himself clears his throat. 

"I'm sorry. Ms. Granger, would you care to explain what has brought you here today?" He asks getting back to his professional exterior. I glance down at my arm that is wrapped in a bandage, blood slightly seeping through. I see Draco glance down and his eyes widen. 

"You didn't do-" I cut him off before he can finish his question. 

"No I didn't do this....... Well not purposely." I look over to the other doctor and let out a sigh before explaining what happened to me. "About a year ago I was injured with a cursed knife, I know that it will not ever properly heal but it has never been like this. I woke up this morning to see that I had scratched it in my sleep and it had started bleeding. I bandaged it up hoping it would stop, but after about an hour it was still bleeding heavily. I figured it would be a good idea to have it checked our. I appreated here and upon arriving I must have fainted, I only woke up maybe 20 minutes ago." I tell the two men while messing with the wrap on my arm. 

"Very well Ms. Granger. Let's have a look at this arm shall we." Dr. Aldo says while walking closer. I hold out my arm ad he carefully removes the bandage from it. Behind him I hear Draco gasp at the sight. As Dr. Aldo wipes away the blood it is easy to make out my 'Mudblood' scar given to me by none other than Draco's aunt, Bellatrix Lestrange. 

"Well, it seems that the blood has slowed down some but not enough for me to feel comfortable with sending you home yet. Dr. Malfoy would you please hand me a new set of bandages out of the cabinet. Draco nods and makes his way over to the cabinet. 

After they finish taking care of my arm Dr. Aldo leaves Draco to clean up what they had out to treat me. With a wave of his wand everything was sterilized and put up in its correct spot. 

"I get off in about an hour. If you do not mind I wanted to stop back by your room and talk." He says while looking down at his feet, avoiding my eyes. I sit there and think for a moment, do I really want to talk to him. Like I said he hurt me, but at the end of the day this is the man that I love. Even if I feel like I can't control it. 

"Sure, as long as you bring me food. Like I told you I only woke up an hour ago and haven't eaten since about 8 this morning." I see him nod with a small smile on is face before leaving my room. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next hour I lay there in silence, right after Draco left I killed some time by watching my Patronus dance around the room. I remember when Harry first taught us and I smile at the memory. Dumbledore's Army might not have been formed under the best circumstances but it was a lot of fun to teach the other wizards and witches. 

Just as I am about to cast my patronus again out of boredom there is a knock at the doom. I sit up some before telling the person to come in. 

I watch as the door opens and Draco sheepishly walks in without saying a word setting a tray that had a sandwich and chips on it. He makes eye contact with me before taking a seat across the room. 

"Sooo......" I say while looking around the room. I hear him let out a sigh. 

"I know I am the last person you want to see right now, considering you probably hate me. Bu-" 

"I don't hate you Draco. Am I upset, yes because you took away part of my life but I do not hate you." I explain cutting him off. Again he sighs and lowers his head. 

"I know and I hate myself for taking that away from you. If I had any choice in the matter it would not have happened. But when it came down to it I had no say, it was either allow Voldemort use you against me or make you not remember me so you could defeat him.As much as I hated it I chose the option I knew would be the best for you in the end." He tells me without looking up at me. 

"I realize that and this is why I don't hate you. But Draco, you and I could have figured out something, ran away or went into hiding through the order." 

"No we couldn't have. That means you would have been with me worried the whole time. You needed to be with Harry and Ron finding the Horcruxes. Without you there to help those 2 would have died the very first day. I knew I couldn't be selfish and have you with me." He looks up at me and I see tears running down his face. His eyes shining with regret in them. Without a second thought I scoot over in my cot so there is room for a second person. 

"Draco come here." I say while patting the spot next to me. Hesitantly he sands up and walks over. At first he doesn't sit down until I give his hand a gentle tug. He takes a seat and I lift my hand up to wipe away his tears. 

"Draco, I will admit this stunt you pulled did hurt me. But at the end of the day it did not change the way I felt about you before." He looks up at me wide. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Draco Malfoy I will say this a millions times if I have too, but I am completely and utterly in love with you. You erased my memory for my safety and I can't hold that against you." He smiles and pulls me close to him. 

"Hermione Granger in the 8 years I have known you, you never cease to amaze me. I love you too."