Chapter 7

Draco POV

I quickly run out of Hermione's flat and into mine. She remembers....... and now she hates me. Just as I make it into my flat I let out a half sob half gasp. Now that she remember she is going to hate me forever and I will never be able to earn her trust back like I planned.

Not feeling like doing anything for the rest of the night I take a shower before getting ready to go to bed. While in the shower I just stand there with the hot water beating down my back letting my mind wonder.

My father.......

My mother.....

The Manor.......

How I was raised..........

Voldemort..........

Death Eaters........

My Mark.........

I look down at my branded arm with tears running down my face, because of this mark I have to live the rest of my life knowing I was on the side that killed so many innocent people. Because of this mark I left the one good thing in my life to fight on a side that would try kill the love of my life.

Even though I knew it was to late for forgiveness during the war I tried to do what I could. I tried to help Potter and them escape by not recognizing him I even threw him a wand during the battle. Deep down I knew this little things were nothing compared to everything else, but one could only hope.

After my shower I throw on a pair of sleep pants before climbing into bed. With it only being 8:00 I lay there once again deep in thought, this time reliving so many horrible memories. As these memories flash through my mind I become angrier and angrier, I was so close to having a normal life. I could have been happy but my need to please my father took over everything. He wanted me to hate muggleborns so I did, HE wanted me to hate Potter so I did, He wanted me to become a death eater so I did, and HE wanted me to have the mission to kill Dumbledore so I tried.

Dumbledore....... The man did not deserve to die, but Voldemort was a coward and wanted to destroy the only thing that caused him fear. I'm not sure how long I lay in bed for but eventually I find myself sitting out on my balcony looking at my mark once again.

In the moon light I can see the raised scars that run along the mark, some from war and others self inflicted. Over the last year I have searched and searched for a way to remove this mark and every time I have come up short. For once I want to walk into work and not have people stare at me or refuse me as their doctor.

I finally found something that I love doing and I can barely do it because of the mark on my arm. Setting my arm down I look out at the skyline. The sun set hours ago but the stars seem to be just as bright. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I open my eye to the sound of someone next door. I open my eyes and see I fell asleep outside on my balcony. I stand up stretching and walk back inside. The clock I have hanging reads 6:30, my eyes widen and I dash into my room. I have to leave for work in the next 30 minutes. 

In those 30 minutes I am able to get my work robs on and grab something to eat. I was hoping for time to fix my hair but I run out of time. Messy hair  it is I guess. 

Looking down at my robes I make sure I have everything I need before appreating in my spot

I land with a jolt and look around at my job. I am standing in front of the reception desk where Mrs. Iz is sitting with a smile on her face. 

"Good morning Dearie." She says when she notices me standing there. I nod at her with a smile before heading back to where everyone keeps their stuff. In the room I see the doctor that I have been shadowing this last week in the trauma ward. 

"Good morning Dr. Malfoy. Are you ready for today?" Dr. Aldo says when he sees me standing there grabbing my robe. 

"I can't wait." He leads me to the ward and hands me about 4 charts. 

"Ok these are our cases for the day. Three are from last week that I wanted to keep an eye on and the last one just came in this morning. Non- stop bleeding from a magic inflicted wound." He explains leading my along the halls. We stop at the first room that we worked on last week. \

"Mrs. Dells came in last Friday with injuries to her lower leg. We were unable to save the lower leg due to severe splinching from appreating. She is now here for the next 2 weeks for healing and rehabilitation."  I explain while reading her chart off to Dr. Aldo. I see him nod and we being looking at her leg. 

"Well Mrs. Dells it seems that your wound is healing nicely. The spell seems to be working and it should be healed by tomorrow, after that I am going to transfer you to the rehabilitation ward." Dr. Aldo explains to the older women. 

"Oh, thank you so much doctors. I am glad to hear it is healing so well." We finish checking her before bidding her a good day and moving on to the next room. 

The next two were similar cases, both young children with a severe case of dragon pocks. According to the children's parents they are neighbors who play together, and one of the uncles had the pocks a few weeks ago but must have still been sightly contagious. Dr. Aldo looks over both children before sending them to the children ward to be taken care of the next few days. 

Finally we made it to our last room. I glance at the chart but there was no name on it. All the chart said was the witch or wizard has a cursed injury to their arm and it will not stop bleeding. Closing the chart I follow Dr. Aldo into the room. I look over at the bed and my eyes widen.

"Hermione!?!"