Chapter 21

Later that week

Hermoine POV

"I'm back." I call out while stepping from the fireplace. I receive no reply so I make my way to the kitchen to retrieve a potion for my headache. Ever since I woke up this morning my head has been pounding, I tried to ignore it while at lunch with Ginny but it has gotten worse. 

I gulp down the potion, shuddering at the taste and head to the bedroom to take a nap. Before I can make my way to the stairs my body starts to give in to tiredness, so I change my route and head for the couch that is closer. 

"This will do." I mumble while laying down. I pull up the quilt over my head and close me eyes. Sighing in relief as the pain eases up. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hermione?" I wake up to someone calling out. I sit up to respond but before I can speak I start sneezing uncontrollably. This catches Draco's attention and he walks into the living room. 

"Are you ok?" He asks when he sees I had been asleep. I hold up my hand for him to wait for my response. After a few moments I stop sneezing and am able to reply. 

"I've had a terrible headache all day. I took some pain relief potion but I feel every worse."  explain. My voice now scratchy and my throat hurting. Draco nods before pulling out his wand. I look at him curiously and he start mummering a few spells while waving his wand around me. I blue light shoots out of his wand towards me for a few moment before returning to him. 

"Well it looks like you have a temperature but I've never seen this type of sickness. It seems some of the symptoms are sore throat, fevers, chills, headaches, sneezing, and clogged sinuses." I laugh as he lists the symptoms. 

"Why are you laughing? I've never heard of this sickness before, it could be very serious." I shake my head. 

"It's not serious. Draco you are listing the symptoms for a muggle cold. They are very common especially during the winter months. I just need to rest and drink fluids." 

"Sometimes I forget that you also have muggle blood and are still susceptible to their sicknesses." I just nod laying back down, as my head begins to pound again. 

"Can I get you anything?" I shrug before closing my eyes. 

"Maybe just some peppermint tea. My mother use to make it for me when I was sick." I hear Draco leave the room before noises are made in the kitchen. It takes him a few minutes before I hear a string of cuss words and the sound of something falling. I let out a small laugh, staying in my spot. 

"This is why I use magic." Draco yells out with a huff. It goes quiet for a little while and just when I think he has given up he walks back into the room. I open my eyes and laugh and the face he is makes. 

"Did you burn yourself?" He nods. 

"Stupid stove." He mumbles. I take the tea from his hand and place it on the table. He looks at me confused but I ignore it and take his hand, pulling him down onto the couch with me. I lay flat on my back, allowing him to lay on my chest. I feel him relaxes against me and I smile. 

"You should drink you tea." 

"I will." I say as I run my hands through his blonde hair. I hadn't noticed until now but Draco is still wearing his healer robes from work. 

"As comfortable as I am, why don't you go shower and I'll finish this tea and meet you up there." He nods and gets up off the couch. I follow suit and grab my tea off the table, quickly drinking it. It soothes my throat and I smile. I find it amusing that Draco can treat sicknesses such as dragonpox but a simple cold stuns him. I hear the shower start upstairs, so I decide to make myself another cup of tea. 

I set the kettle on the stove and patiently wait for it to boil. When it finally does I pull out the can of tea and make my cup before heading up the stairs. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is that my shirt Granger?" Draco asks with a smirk as he walks into the room. 

"I don't know Malfoy,  is it." I reply while snuggling into the blankets. He laughs at me and makes his way to the bed. 

"How was your day other than getting sick?" He pulls me into his chest, and wraps his arms around my waist. 

"It was good Astoria and I got a couple cases worked on, Hagrid was approved too watch that dragon for Charlie finally. I went to lunch with Ginny and we caught up. Apparently she is about 3 months pregnant." 

"I can't believe they named us Godparents. Especially me, it makes sense for you to be Godmother but I would have thought they would give Godfather to Weasel." 

"I asked Ginny about that today. She told me that they picked you because they saw how happy I am with you and knew that you would be around for a long time. They also chose you over Ron because of how Ron treated me while in a relationship with me, plus I think they want their baby's Godparents to be together that way the baby wouldn't have to go place to place. They would have a stable home if anything ever happened."  

"I like the thought of me being here for the long run." He mumbles into my hair. 

"I like the sound of that too."  I smile up at him and see him looking down at me. 

"Kiss me" He says bluntly. I laugh a little but don't move. 

"I'm sick. I don't want to get you sick." 

"I won't get sick. Remember you have a muggle sickness my magical blood fends that off." He explains before leaning closer. Before I know it his lips are on mine and he pulls me even closer. He pulls back slightly and looks me in the eyes. 

"I love you."