Chapter 37

Hermione POV
Knowing I can't stop this fight on my own I do the on,y thing I can think of, I floo call Blaise and Theo to help. Neither one hesitates and they are both in my living room within seconds. Blaise goes for Draco while Theo grabs Lucius. By now tears are running down my face and I do not know what I can do to help.
"Draco please stop." I beg as he continues to fight. Blaise and Theo continue to try to pry the two a part but it is useless. Getting frustrated I finally think clearly and pull out my wand, sending stunning spells at the two me.
"Now! We are going to act like grown adults and stop with the fight. My stress levels cannot deal with it and I'm sure you two would rather not be injured." I yell as Theo and Blaise move them away from each other. "Now that I have both of your attentions I am going to remove the spell, just know I will do it again if another fight starts." I release the two and then turn to Theo and Blaise.
"Thank you for your help. I will let you know if anything else happens." The both give me a short hug before leaving.
"Thank you Hermione." Narcissa says from her spot by Lucius.
"You're welcome. Why don't we all take a seat. There are obviously things we need to talk about." I say while gesturing to the dining room table. We all take a seat a seat and I watch as the Malfoy men glare at each other. It is silent for a few moments as both men are as stubborn as they come.
"Well since you two won't talk I guess I will. Yes Draco and I are married we decided to have a small wedding with only four people. We wanted to keep it out of the press as we felt it was only our business." I explain, trying to keep it simple.
"That sounds lovely dear. When was the wedding?" Narcissa asks with a small smile. I can tell she is upset she was not invited but doesn't want it to effect us.
"Well actually we got married last night, at Draco's great great great grandmothers manor." Lucius' eyes widen and I can tell he wants to make a comment, but I raise a questioning eyebrow and he backs down.
"I thought it would be a beautiful place to get married this time of year." Draco says, speaking for the first time since the fight.
"You were married yesterday and you both are already back at work?" Narcissa asks, sounding appalled. We both nod.
"We felt there was no reason to take a honeymoon. With everything honestly being spur of the moment it would have been to mush trouble to get off for work." I explain.
"Well that explains the wedding. Now what about what was in the profit?" Lucius asks, deciding he had heard enough about the wedding. Draco and I both sigh knowing there is the possibility of another fight.
"What was printed in the profit is true. Hermione is about six weeks pregnant with my child." Draco tells his parents. They both sit there quietly unsure of what to say.
"We we're waiting to tell anyone until I was past 12 weeks because I am a high risk pregnancy." I say trying to make them understand why they did not know yet.
"What makes you a high risk." Narcissa asks curiously.
"Due to the injuries during the war and the dark magic from Bellatrix's blade my body has a higher chance of rejecting the pregnancy. Right now I am going in every two weeks to monitor everything." I glance over at Draco and see him looking at his father. I know he would never admit it but Lucius' opinion matters a small bit to Draco and he hopes for his fathers approval. Lucius says nothing as he stands and leaves the house. Narcissa lets out a sigh before standing up.
"Please pay no mind to him, he is having a hard time with being back in society. I am so happy for you two, please let us know if you two ever need anything." She says as she pulling both of us into hugs.
"Thank you." She smiles before leaving.
Once it is Draco and I left I let out a sigh.
"I don't even know what to think about that interaction." I tell him honestly.
"It could have gone better but it honestly could have gone a lot worse knowing my father." Draco tells me, relief evident on his face.
"I'm going to go take a second." I say as I leave the room. I head for the only room I feel fully relaxed in, the library. I grab a random book off the shelf and wrap myself up on a nearby blanket.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time passes as I enjoy my book and before I know it Draco makes his way into the small library.
"It's almost six, are you hungry?" He asks taking a seat on the couch next to me. I shrug to absorbed in my book to truly respond. I here him sigh before pulling the book from my hands. "I know I asked if you were hungry but that was my nice way of saying you need to eat." He says playfully and he places a bookmark in my spot. I nod before readjusting to get up.
Before I get on my feet Draco grabs my hand, I glance back at him.
"Are you ok?" He asks slightly worried. I sit back down and nod.
"Honestly yes, like you said it could have gone a lot worse. Your mother seemed ok with it and really that is all that matters. I don't expect Lucius to be happy to anything so the fact that he didn't react is a good sign in y opinion. What truly matters to me is that we are happy." I explain with a smile. "Are you ok?" I ask when I notice he doesn't smile back t me. He shrugs before standing.
"I guess, I don't know why but I had a small sliver of hope that if father heard about us he might try to be supportive. Since he was so well behaved in Azkaban I thought that maybe he was changing for the better." He lets out a frustrated sigh before heading for the library door. I follow behind quietly towards the kitchen, giving him the time to think. He heads for the fridge as I take a seat at the bar.
When I have enough of the silence I speak up.
"I think the way he reacted is justified in a way, he went from being in a confined room to finding out his only son is starting a family on his own in a matter of days. That is a lot for someone to take in, especially someone of his nature. I remember how he was growing up he might have had a terrible way of showing it but he thought highly of you since you were the only heir. I think that he is realizing that you don't need him or his influence to help you be great. You are doing it all on your own." I see Draco stop in stride, his head lowly turns towards me and I can see the streak from a single tear on his cheek. I stand from my seat and walk to him, enveloping him in my arms.
"I love you Hermione." He says as he buries his head into my hair.
"I love you too Draco.'