Chapter 23

Hermione POV

"Don't even think about it Ginny. I am not going all out with my make up. The simple eyeliner and lipstick is enough. It's just our family and friends." I yell from my bathroom. Ginny and I are currently getting ready for the New years eve party that I spent all week planning.

"But just imagine a dark eye and bright lip with your dress would be amazing." I stick my head out of the door and shake it.

"Not happening. Will you hand me my black heels with the little gold snakes?" She nods and gets up from my vanity.

"Going completely Slytherin tonight I see." I laugh and roll my eyes at her.

"Green just so happens to be one of my favorite colors. House rivalries just made it wrong." I step out after putting on the shoes and smile at my reflection. For tonight I chose a short green dress with off the shoulder sleeves.

 For tonight I chose a short green dress with off the shoulder sleeves

"Wow Gin, you look amazing." Ginny smiles and looks at herself. She went with a dark blue sequence dress

 She went with a dark blue sequence dress

"Thank you. I really like the way it looks with my hair. I've never really worn such a dark blue. Plus you can't even see my little bump that is starting to form." She turns sideways and places her hand on her seemingly flat stomach.

"It still blows my mind that you and Harry are about to be parents." Ginny nods while slipping on her shoes. 

"Sometimes I forget I'm pregnant but when I remember I couldn't be happier. We all fought so hard to have a safe place for future generations to grow up." Ginny continues to look at where her bump is with a smile on her face. Hopefully one day in the future that will be me. 

'knock knock'

"Come in." I turn around and see Harry walk in. 

"You two look amazing." He says as he walks in and heads over to Ginny. I smile before slipping on my necklace. 

"Draco sent me up here to tell you everyone is arriving." 

"Alright, thank you." I walk out of the room leaving them for a few moments and head downstairs. From the hallway I can hear the Weasley clan laughing with each other. This makes my smile widen and quickly head to where they are.