Chapter 3

Hermione POV

After seeing Malfoy in the stairwell I do my laundry and head back up to my flat and decide to sit out on my balcony with a nice book. Looking over my collection I see  few of my favorites, Hogwarts a History, Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them, and even the muggle book Pride and Predigest. Deciding I want to read a classic I grab my copy of The Tales of Beedle and Bard. With a smile I grab a small snack from my kitchen and sit outside. 

After sitting there for about an hour I hear a noise to me left. Looking over I seen none other that Malfoy opening the doors to his balcony. He doesn't notice me sitting here and walks back into his flat. I let out a sigh after seeing him and continue with my book. 

Just as I am getting back into my book I hear my phone ringing. I look around and don't see it at first until I remember  I left it sitting on the kitchen counter. I get out of my seat and make my way over to the phone. 

'Hello?'

"Ms. Granger?' An unfamiliar voice says.

'This is she'

"Hello this is Astoria Zabini, your new partner at work. I'm not sure if you remember me from school but I just wanted to let you know who you would be working with." She says kindly. 

'Oh.' I say surprised. 'Yes I remember you. You dated Blaise correct? He and I were potions partners one year.' I hear her let out a small laugh before responding. 

"Well now we are married but, yes I was with Blaise. Anyways I don't want to keep you long, like I said I just wanted to introduce myself. I will see you in the office Monday." 

'Thank you for introducing yourself. I will see you then.' We hang up and I look out at my balcony. It is starting to get dark so I decided to start working on my dinner. 

I carefully chop up the vegetables and get the chicken. While making my way around the kitchen I turn the radio on and one of my favorite songs comes on, It's your love by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. I smile at the song, I don't really remember the first time I heard it but I know it was at Hogwarts. I'm not sure why but every time I hear the song I feel like I have some connection to it. 

As I dance around my kitchen cooking I hear what sounds like someone singing. I stop what I am doing and look over the see that I left to balcony doors open. Curiously I walk over and look out. To my left I see Malfoy sitting on his balcony, with his back to me, singing. He has a nice voice and I stand there for a moment listening. 

As the song finishes so does he, I smile to myself and head inside to finish dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco POV

I listen as the music floats out of Hermione's flat and smiled to myself. She was playing our song, not that she knew it. I remember the first time we heard it together. 

Flashback

Hermione and I were on our first official date. I was able to convince her to meet me in the room of requirements late one night. I had made sure to make this night perfect, I had a night dinner set up with candles and lights set up everywhere. I even found this muggle thing called a radio set up in the corner. 

As I was finishing up with everything I heard someone walk in. I turn around and see Hermione and she looks stunning. She traded out her school robes for what I believe muggles call capris and a white flowy white top. 

"Wow" Is all I am able to say

"Wow" Is all I am able to say. I see her blush and I hold out my hand to her. "You look amazing tonight." 

"Thank you. You look good as well. It's nice to see you in something other that your school uniform." She tells me with a smile while scanning over my outfit. I lead her over to where the small table is set up and pull out her chair. 

We spend the evening laughing and talking, just enjoying being in each others presence. Just before the date ends Hermione gets up and walks over to the radio. I see her fiddle with it for a moment before music fills our ears. I stand up and hold me hand out to her. 

"Care to dance?" I say with a smile. She nods and takes my hand. We sway back and forth looking into each others eyes. 

"I never thought I would say this but I really enjoyed myself tonight Malfoy." She says with a smile. 

"Please if  I plan on taking you out on more dates I think we should at least be on a first name basis." I say with a small laugh and I see her nod. 

"Alright. Well Draco I better be heading back to my dorm. I have an early meeting with Professor Slughorn."  I move my hands from around her waist and take one of her hands before placing a gentle kiss on it. 

"Until next time Hermione." I look back at her and see a slight blush appearing on her cheeks. 

"Goodnight Draco." I let her go and watch as she makes her way out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was the night I knew I was falling for Hermione Jean Granger and there was no stopping me.