Wk 4 (New Years) pt 5: Fireworks

Week 4 (New Years)

Recap:
Part 1: Rain
Part 2: Escape
Part 3: You need help
Part 4: Court Case
Part 5:

(TRIGGER WARNING

Basically this entire week is a trigger warning. So, please skip unless you...

a) like torturing yourself (please don't)
b) legitimately are ok with reading this

List:

- Fighting

- Mentions of abuse

- Hurt/comfort

- Gore

-Blood

-Terrible horror stories

-Me never having been to a campfire or roasting marshmallows I have no idea what I'm writing

- Projecting

- my shitty writing )

(Ok, here we go...Again. Now, this time I'm planning to not write 5k words, so...Yeah, this isn't going to be as long as last chapter. Also, writing this on a Sunday instead of my usual Friday because Friday was Christmas and Christmas was energy-draining-

Ok, yeah, moving on, hope you enjoy the chapter!)

Techno's POV

I yawn. It was about 11PM, and even though I'd tried to get back into a healthy sleep schedule, It was harder than I thought and I ended up sleeping at 6Am-9AM today because of my alarm. But I wasn't going to let that stop me from spending time with my family, especially at 11PM on New Years Eve.

We were around the fireplace outside, and I was under a blanket. the others were holding marshmallows over a fire. Sipping my hot chocolate, I relish at the taste. At this elevated place, we could see fireworks easily.

Fireworks. All I know about them is that they light up the sky. That's about it. Phil taps me on my shoulder. "Techno, do you want to roast marshmallows?"

I withdraw into my blanket. "Nope." My muffled voice yelps. Phil laughs. "Dude, roasting marshmallows is a core skill."

I feel something poking me in the side, again and again. I raise my head out of the blanket, and deadpan at Tommy. "Tommy."

He pokes me again with the stick. "Roast the marshmallows, then I'll stop." I groan, coming out of my shelter. "Fine," I sigh, taking the stick. Then I pause. "How do I roast marshmallows?"

Wilbur laughs, demonstrating on his stick. "You put the marshmallow on the stick and you rotate it."

I hold it over the fire, and it catches fire. "It caught fire." I state. "What do I do?"

Tommy screams. "Put it out, put it out!" He says, snatching the stick from me and waving it around in the air.

"Tommy, careful where you're swinging that thing!" I hiss, ducking. I take the stick back, and pluck the burnt marshmallow off the stick. Putting it in my mouth, I look at the others. They were staring at me. "What?" I ask.

"Dude, you just-" Wilbur starts. "You just ate a recently on-fire marshmallow."

"What?" I mumble, face full of marshmallow. Then I taste it, and my eyes widen. "Ooh, this is nice! It's so fluffy!"