Wk 3 (x'mas) pt 2: Shopping

Week 3; Christmas Week: Part 2

Recap: 

Part 1: Gifts

Part 2: Shopping

(First Person: Techno's POV)

I rolled over in bed. It was the day after I decided on Christmas presents, in other words... the 22nd of December. I will admit I was cutting it a bit close, but that's what master procrastinators do. And I am a master procrastinator.

I got out of my bed, even though it was extremely comfy, and outside it was cold, extremely cold.

But hey, I needed to get up early to beat the crowds who were also doing late Christmas shopping.

I looked at my phone; 5:45AM. I grabbed it, shoved a coat on and put it in my pocket, and pulled on some winter boots, before sighing.

Locking the front door, I walk down to the shops. As long as I don't have to actually talk to anyone on the way to the shops, I should be fine. I know that interaction is unavoidable once I reach there, but I can try to avoid it for now.

Halfway to the shops, I curse. I forgot to leave a note.

Eh, it's fine, they won't be up anyway.So I continue.

Once I reach the shops, it's extraordinarily quiet. Guess that's what happens when you get to the shops at quarter past six in the morning.

Consulting my list, I frown. First up was Wil's guitar amplifier with his orca plushie. Also, his sketchbook and hairbrush. The last three I could get from a craft store, easily.

So I headed towards the craft store. Once inside the doors, I get distracted by the colors. Darting around, I look at all the paints, before meticulously re-arranging the colors in rainbow order.

I hear a giggle behind me, and I turn to look at a young girl with shoulder-length black hair. She laughs again, and I shrink further into my coat.

"You'd make a good shop assistant, dude." She laughs.

I wince. Social interaction. "Y-yeah, thanks."

I wait for her to say something, and she waits for me to say something. It morphs into an awkward silence. I turn back and continue sorting the colours, but turn back as she says something. "Were you going to buy something, or were you going to continue sorting the paints?"

I facepalm. Of course. I forgot to take my ADHD meds. Hearing another giggle, I look up. I was mortified. Placing my hands together, I stammer out "Ah, sorry, was that too rude? I didn't mean for that to be offensive, was I-"

She waves her hands around. "No no, you're fine. I just found it funny- I do that a lot as well. So, did you need any help?"

I sigh. It was good to know I didn't completely mess that up. "No thanks, I'm fine, I just needed to be reminded that I needed to do things. So uh, yeah, thanks, but not really."

She smiles. "Well, if you need any help, just call me! My name is Sam, by the way."

I nod, and walk off towards the plushie part of the store. There was a specific criteria- It needed to be soft, something he could cry into when he messes up one of those notes. It also needed to be the right size for him to bury his face in.

Which already narrowed it down a lot.

I narrowed my eyes at the selection. All of them had a great tactile feel to it. I just wanted to just bury myself in them, and just sleep.