Wk 10 pt 5: Carnival

tw

dreamnoblade. i sweAR I TRIED GUYS I TRIED MY HARDEST-

shitty writing

i should really really start making another oneshot book

Techno's POV

"What the hell is this?" I ask, staring at the yellowed piece of paper. Dad laughs, tilting his head. "No, I'm serious, what the hell is this?"

Phil smiles, ruffling my hair, and I squirm under his gaze. "It's a ticket to a carnival."

I raise an eyebrow, analysing the ticket. A new paper smell drifts from the paper, fashioned to an older time, jaded and brown, frayed at the edges. In print, in black typewriter writing stamped on the middle, with a black outline around the edge, read:

"Charles Darwin Park: A festival/carnival for the nerds!"

"Pretty sure this scrap of paper just insulted my intelligence." I joke, turning the card the other way. "Innovative Project, first place! (Gracious Professionalism)! Special entry on the 12th of February. Pin this pin on your collar and we'll let six others come along with you!" Enclosed in the envelope was a pin, a faded parchment with a book symbol on it.

"So why's there a festival dedicated to Charles Darwin?" I question, handing the ticket back to Phil.

"Dunno." He shrugs. "But a friend of mine gave it to me, so... thought you might like it."

I grin. "When are we going?"

---------------------------------

"This was a bad idea." I complain. "Why would so many people celebrate Charles Darwin?"

"Hey, it was your idea." Dream reminds me, and I frown at him, but sigh as he gives me puppy eyes.

"Why would they need security guards?!" I catch sight of the guards, standing by the entrance, looking extremely uncomfortable in their suits of armour. Also in the car park were, well, cars, numerous cars.

"It's a festival, you dumbshit, what did you expect?" Tommy stares at me, blue eyes unblinking. "For them to be completely unguarded against terrorists?"

"I am technically a proclaimed terrorist." Dream adds, slinging an arm around my shoulder and resting his chin on my shoulder. "And so is Techno here." His arm trails down to my hip where my sword was buckled, and he tugs at the strings on the scabbard.

"Hey, what did I ever do?" I protest, leaning back into his arms, resting my head on his muscled chest. His arms snake around my waist, and Ranboo clears his throat awkwardly.

"Do you.. Uh.. Think we should go in now?" He asks, tail swishing from side to side, shifting on both feet. "Because the guards are staring."

Dream rolls his eyes, unhooking his hands from my hair. "Alright, fine." Disentangling himself from me, he starts walking over to the two guards. "You coming?" He calls back to us.

"Yeah yeah generic anime hunter, we're coming." Joey shouts back, jogging over. Dream raises an eyebrow, muttering under his breath.

"Generic anime hunter." Tommy snorts, joining us, throwing back over his shoulder. "Catch up, old man!"

"I'm not an old man, I'm literally fucking 20 years older than you!" Phil yells back.

Reaching the guards, I tap the badge on my collar of the black coat fit with yellow rings, the jabot bouncing up and down. "Uh, can you.. uh.. let us in?" I inwardly wince at what I just said. The guards eye my sword, and I shrug helplessly. "Medieval?"