Wk 2 pt 2: "Double update"

I glance nervously outside. Yeah, I've gotten a bit better at walking outside, but... I still wasn't comfortable.

I grab Floof, and the leash, and walk outside. Grabbing my phone, I put in some headsets.

It was a lovely day outside, I muse in my head. The sun isn't shining harshly, and the wind is whistling in my ears as I walk along. I smile, and look around. A sunset of colors is the canvas of the sky, stars dotting that canvas.

Walking along my path, I look at the flowers, and my ADHD immediately wants to rearrange them. Making a mental note to tell Phil to rearrange the colors, I continue.

Now I'm not an active man, but it was on days like these, outside, where the wind was whistling and the leaves swaying, with the sky painted rainbow into blue, that it was nice to be alive.

I'm actually enjoying myself. I realize as Floof barks. For once, I'm actually enjoying myself.

And like the universe looked upon me and thought, Hey, Techno is having fun, not allowed I freeze as I see one of my neighbors looking at me through his window.

I immediately start thinking, my brain going into overdrive, thoughts rushing past.

He's like, 14 years old, so he could be watching our content.

Like, it's pretty hard not to hear a screaming British child, a deep voiced-socially anxious person, a fatherly figure who gets called upon often and a British man who got evicted from his office for being so loud.

Through thin walls.

What if they know who I am? What if the entire family gets exposed? One 14 year old can get an entire fanbase converging on a location with a well enough placed comment, a timely placed post.

I calm my thoughts a bit, and glance at them again. He was holding a camera.

I hyperventilate, looking around. Pulling my hood up, I glare at him. Cheerfully, he seems to start, and notice me. He waves at me. He waves at me while taking my picture.

Or maybe he isn't taking my picture. Maybe he's looking past me at the painted sky. Maybe he's taking a picture of the sunset! But he could be... Maybe he..?

I shake my head. I can't just think the worst of everyone.

Coming out of my reverie, I realize I lost the grip on Floof's leash.

He's staring at me.

Floof could've run away, but he's just there. He just looks at me with his amber-brown eyes, glaring into mine intelligently.

I reach down and pick him up. Starting the walk home, I ruffle his fur, staring into his eyes.

They resemble a camera lens. I stop. A camera lens.A camera lens.

How long ago did I get Floof?

7 years ago.

When did they move in?

7 years ago.

When did the neighbors move in? 7 years ago.

Floof. camera lens. Floof, 7 years, neighbors, Floof, eyes, dog, camera, observing, coincidence, sunset, camera, 7 years, god those flowers are shit, sunset, eyes, camera lens.

Floof could have camera eyes.

In hindsight, that was extremely dumb- that's not like me, that's more of a Tommy thing to think, theories just overdriving my brain.

I walk into my house, or well, our house (still not used to people living with me) and immediately get rushed by phil.

"TECHNOOOOO! Where were you? We were worried about you!" Tommy cheers. Phil pauses, noticing something is wrong. "Techno, you good there?"

Running a hand through my hair, dazed, I reply; "you need to change the flowers. it's..." I trail off. My gaze drifts to Floof again, and suddenly, I'm dizzy.

I hold up a hand and collapse onto a nearby couch. A pounding in my head increases and I slur my words. "I think...we need to take Floof to a vet..."

Phil and Tommy trade glances. "Techno, are you ok?"

I stumble over my words, my tongue feeling like lead in my mouth. "Yeah, just fine...I'm ok.."

Wilbur joins the scene, glancing ta my dubiously. He waves Floof over to me, and I stiffen up, my senses become a lot sharper. Floof barks, and the cameras zoom up to my face. He runs and jumps onto me, agressivly licking my face.

Like any dog would do.

The doorbell rings, and I jump. Phil stares at me, deeming me fit enough to answer the door.

"Techno, you're the least recognizable out of all of us, do you mind opening the door?"I nod mutely, and make my way to the front door again, in that daze-like state (which i, the author, am currently in, help me).

I open the door, and that 14 year old neighbor stares back at me. He grins again.

"Hi! Uhm, I'm not sure if you remember me..?"

Now, I'm paranoid, sure, but social interaction I hate more than anything else.

"Yes," I slowly start, my expression guarded. Or at least I hope. "You're the next door neighbor, correct?"

Was my tone correct? How do I express suspicion but still be welcoming at the same time?

He nods. "Yeah, that's me. I just want to say, uh... It was really nice of you to wave to me! I was taking pictures of the sunset."

That seemed like a less than reasonable reason to visit. I think, as my eyes narrow slightly. He's sweating a bit, but that could be because of the hot.

Floof barks, and his expression brightens. "Oh, yeah!"

I raise my eyebrow, and wait. He brings out his hand from behind his back, and I stiffen, ready to fight. He brings out a long leash.

Floof's leash.

"You left this outside!" I exhale. I reach for the leash, and he gives it to me, still grinning.

How aren't you even tired from smiling that much???

He says his goodbyes, and strides off, energy in his step. I marvel at that. How can you just radiate energy like that?

I walk back into the house, and get attacked by Floof.

Who, really, doesn't have cameras for eyes.

(Bruh i didn't know how to end it- anyway, next is snowball effect.)