Wk 12 pt 1: The Owl Laments

(- even just typing a message in a group chat (or private chat) can be really scary for ppl with social anxiety, so that could work rlly well-)

Tw

Shiiiittty writing :sparkles:

UHhhhh- mystery? 

The trees swayed in the wind, auburn leaves fluttering to the ground as moonlight shon bright between the branches.

The song of the birds touches the crisp night air, a lilting, twittering sound as the owl laments.

Somewhere in the bush, leaves crackle as a tall elf steps onto the foliage, tucking back his long pink hair and looking around.

"The path is almost impossible to find." He murmurs to himself, scrutinising the worn footpath, of cobblestone and cleared ground.

"Once you see it, though, you do get to a pretty area." The pinkette adds, uncloaking himself. Gold breaks through the dull night, as a brooch on the elf's red velvet cape shines, a crown catching the pale moonlight.

To any average observer, this would've been a rare sight in these parts. But you weren't any average observer. Or reader, in fact.

You were a reader who knew the character.

Technoblade hums a tune as he follows the path, footsteps light and agile. A squirrel rustles in the bush, bushy tail flashing and hiding.

The aroma of flowers, jasmine, fills his focus, and he tilts his head, striking eyes gleaming. The elf smiles, pushing forward through the glades, the trees blocking the path, vines twisting, taking over the overgrown path with a few colourful flowers.

Technoblade jumps lithely over them, pushing off the balls of his feet, landing crouched as he clears the vines, following the worn path through the forest.

Ears picking up the rush of water, the regal man pushes forward, emerging into a clearing. Technoblade perches on a rock, sighing.

He had found this place while training, he recalled fondly. In the day it was a light filled area, sunlight filtering through the leaves of the trees, birdsong touching the sweet-filled air, wildlife scuttling in and out of the bushes, squirrels, rabbits, foxes..

It was raining when he first came here, the pattering of rain soft on plush green grass, droplets of water dripping off of leaves and flowers. The animals had made a tiny home, illuminated by a soft glowing light, a tiny yellow flower emmitting it.

So far he had come here once more, in the day.

It was now nighttime, and the place, the little clearing in the woods, was magical. In the moonshine, fireflies lit up the night, a small group hovering in the air. The owl howls, and the cicadas chatter in response.

There were tiny floating lights, Technoblade realised, and as he walks closer they hum, fluttering away. The elf wonders at their source.

Moonlight broke through the trees, glittering, pale light illuminating the soft green of the grass. Technoblade sighs, gazing out at the waterfall, glittering and steaming, little fish swimming in the pond at the bottom.

Somewhere, a flight of bats alight.

(bat1 reference

also huffle is beautiful and amazing, can we get some huffle support in the chat?)

"It's quite beautiful at night, isn't it?"

Techno jumps, baring his teeth as he hisses. Turning to the stranger, he narrows his eyes. The stranger stares back at him cooly.