Wk 10 pt 1: Order

tw

shitty writing

other stuff

but mostly shitty writing and me not knowing how to write :)

Techno drummed his fingers along the surface of the wooden table, huffing.

"Of all the times to be late, Dream, why now?"

The pinkette knew that he was early, as he usually was, but in the situation that Dream picked, he wasn't exactly comfortable.

Techno glanced around the café, which was unusually busy for an 11am. Currently, it was 10:48 AM.

The reason Technoblade didn't like café's was because of social interaction. You had to talk to someone to order something, and the noise along with the drifting scents didn't help.

Alternating between looking between the door and his watch, Techno sighs, cringing at the noise.

"Hi, what would you like to order today?"

Biting his lip, Techno turns towards the other end of the two-seater table.

A waiter, a brunette, about medium height, stood there, gazing at Techno with auburn eyes.

"Uh-" Shit, Techno was NOT prepared for this. Mentally, he calculated the options.

There was either he stalled for time until Dream got here, or he just got the interaction over and done with.

Steeling himself, he prepared for option two. "I- I haven't looked through the menu yet."

Dammit, brain.

"Sorry, what was that?" The waiter asks politely, leaning forwards. Techno winces, noise overlapping. "I couldn't quite hear you over the noise."

Sure, Techno could ask for the music to be turned down, of course he could, but usually someone else did that for him, and he's seen the request been turned down. So the only option would be to win the noise over.

"Can you give me more time? I haven't gone through the menu." The waiter was watching his lips as he spoke louder, maybe trying to lipread.

"So sorry, WHAT?!" She shouts over the noise, which as people came in, grew louder. Techno glanced at the stream of people, analyzing faces, but none of them were who he was looking for.

Techno turns back to the waiter, who was waiting for a response, and sighs, pointing to his watch, and then the menu.

"You want... time.. menu?"

Techno crosses his fingers in an X over the menu.

"You want... time.. not menu." The waiter attempted.

Techno sighs. What could be used to show he needed more time? Pointing a finger up, he taps his watch face, then jabs his finger up, before pointing to the menu, exaggerating running his eyes over it with an X positioned over the menu.

"Oh! You want more time!" Realisation dawns in her eyes, and Techno nods. "Ok, I'll return in... 10 minutes?"

Techno gives her a thumbs up, just wanting the interaction over. As she walks off, the pinkette sighs.

Even if it was about a minute or so, the interaction was draining, and he didn't want anymore. Glancing towards the door, he decides to scan the menu, checking for foods he might eat.

It's been about 4 minutes, and Dream still hasn't arrived. With a jolt, Techno realizes that if Dream didn't arrive soon, he would have to order food for him.

With a gulp, Techno checks his watch- 5 minutes left.

Looking around, the pinkette realizes it's still getting louder, louder and louder, and the noise just wouldn't stop as a constant stream of people flowed through the door. Laughing, talking, snorting, slurping, some voices stood above the others, some blended in with the mass.

Snapping out of the reverie, Techno checks his watch. 2 minutes.

Softly, he swears, scanning the menu for something to eat, aware of the time constantly ticking away.

He took another 2 seconds to check his watch, which was 2 seconds lost.

"Sorry I'm early, but have you finished thinking about what you needed?"

Techno looks up, biting his lips as the brunette returns, twisting a strand of hair around her finger nervously.

Techno nods and says "Yes." Before realizing that one, no he didn't, and two, he just said yes and his actions said yes, which was too much? Was it too much?

The waiter waits patiently, and they sit in an awkward silence (was it awkward?) for a bit, before the waiter prompts Techno with a "Well, what do you want?"

Techno takes a deep breath in, signing his fate. "Can I have a cheeseburger and lemonade?" (Look, I don't know what Americans are eat.)

"Sorry, what was that?" Techno was aware of the ever-rising noise in the back of his mind. Pursing his lips, the pinkette repeats, nearly shouting:

"A cheeseburger and lemonade."

The waiter says something, and Techno reads her lips, something along the lines of 'I'm sorry'

Techno sighs, gesturing for her to wait, getting out a pen and paper. She seems to get the idea.

Techno scribbles what he wants down, and gives it to the waiter. The waiter nods, marks something down on her iPad (what did she mark down?) and writes back.

"Anything else?" The paper reads, and Techno starts shaking his head, before catching himself, before internally cursing out Dream. The waiter tilts her head. 

Techno nods, mumbling. "Yeah, uh get me a..." 

The waitress taps the pen on her paper, smiling. 'Paper' she mouths. Techno winces, the noise rising. He twists the pen around his fingers, quietly freaking out, not that anyone could hear him. He's aware of the waitress standing there. He's aware of the people in the café. He's aware that there's a blonde man coming towards him, he's aware that the drinks are sparkling, the water glinting in the sunlight, damn that's glare, and the blonde man seats himself across from him-

A hand on his shoulder. Shaking him. Techno looks to the man. Dream. Dream takes a deep breath in, his lips pursing, and Techno can see his eyes, concerned. 'follow me' The lips read. Techno breaths in, and breaths out. 

Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out. Good.

"Is he.. OK?" The waiter asks. Techno is aware that the sound is much less. 

The pinkette gives the brunette a thumbs up. She nods, asks Dream what he wants, then walks away.

Techno glares at the blonde. "You weren't on time." 

Dream shrugged. "You want a hug?" 

"God yes." Techno accepts, folding into his arms, and sighing. Drawing back, the taller tilts his head. 

"So, are we going to talk about how we can beat the creator?" 

Dream laughs. "Yeah, let's do that."