wk 12 pt4 name

tw shitty writing and give me motivation for this book

"So, what's the deal with you and Ginger?" Wilbur asks Joey casually on the return trip. Techno was ducked, a strange thing for the tall man, unusually timid at being found out.

Joey blushes a deep red, choking on the words he was about to say, instead spluttering. "WhaT-" Coughing a few times, the man regains his composure. "I don't know what you mean."

"Come on now," Wilbur chides. "I could feel the sexual tension."

Joey, if possible, flushes a deeper red, a stuttering mess. "What- why-"

"And you still didn't give us an explanation." Ranboo interjects. The Fae takes a moment to take a deep breath, blood draining from his face, becoming serious and stopping. Dream bumps into his back.

"I'm not giving you an explanation." Joey says quietly. "It's not something I'm willing to do."

Tommy crosses his arms. "Then I'm not going anywhere."

A silence. Joey whips his head back, hair flying as he glares at the blonde. Tommy shrinks back, cowed by the ferocity of Joey's glare.

"I'm not." He insists. "I'm not going anywhere without an explanation, because for all we know you're just a random stranger and we're following you blindly."

Joey pinches the bridge of his nose. "Tommy." He hisses through his teeth. "Stop being difficult."

Phil moves in front of the youth. "No, actually, he has a point for once." A general consensus was heard around the glade, and Joey seethes.

"Look, I don't want to-"

"We have a right to know." Phil growls.

Joey looks around him. Being surrounded by all characters, all against you. They all wanted an explanation and he knew he had to give one to them, but that didn't make it any easier.

He had had a long day even before he met the creature, so he was tired and angry and confused and off.

But he ran a hand through his hair, and sighed. "Fine."

With a huff, Joey sits on a log. The others follow him, gathering around him in a circle. "They're an old friend. They.. weren't in a good mindset, but.. they're an old friend."

"...That's it?" Asks Techno, genuinely surprised. Ginger had hinted at being an acquaintance multiple times, and yet he never knew Joey knew them. Then again, Ginger was known to be mysterious.

"Yes, that's it," Joey throws an annoyed glance to Techno. "Now can we please get going? I met my dead friend today and I'm tired." He hesitates. "Sorry I've been so annoyed, it's not usual for me to feel like this."

Everyone murmurs their affirmations, and Joey walks ahead of the group, the others lagging behind.

Phil turns to Techno, who was still quiet. "Why didn't you tell us?"

Vaguely aware of the group stopping and tilting their heads, curious for the answer, Techno shrugs.

"Well now that that's out of the way," Tommy grins. "Holy shit Techno you were so cool!"

The elf smiles modestly, and clears his throat. "Thanks."

The pinkette lags behind the group a bit to greet the Squirrel, who always stayed out to meet him on the path.

As they reach the door,

Joey pauses, and looks back. "That reminds me, how'd you even get out of your room?"

Techno grins. "Well," he starts. "You may have noticed about a week or so ago the house was shaking in the middle of the night?"

Joey nods, eyes narrowing. Techno nods as he waves the others in the door. "You'll see."

The door closes, and just Joey and Techno are left outside. The Fae sighs, raising an eyebrow. Techno laughs, leading the man to a little bush.

He parts the branches, and there was a hole poking out, protected by a shimmering golden light. Techno places his hands on the light and concentrates, red matter burning into the light.

And Joey rolls his eyes. "Secret passageway, of course."

Techno nods, waving Joey inside the tunnel. The Fae hovers above the floor, and Techno walks up the tunnel, opening the silent latch of a trapdoor.

Stepping out from underneath his bed, Techno offers a hand to Joey. "You good there?"

Joey takes the hand, pulling himself up. "Let me guess, this was an exercise? They always find a way to make it into an activity."

Techno ignores the fleeting sense of curiosity, and nods. "A way to control my matter better."

"When the proverbial monsters under your bed become literal ones.." Joey grumbles, slipping out from under the bed. "Still salty you hid it from us for so long."

"I can tell." Techno quips. "Before I managed it, I was burning the house, though."

"You what?!"