Wk 13 pt 3: this is why furries should have rights

Climate change sucks

yes it does

i am having a convo with myself

i hate you

i know, you're me, i hate me too

but if you hate me the

OKAY ONTO THE CHAPTER

shoutout to my irl friend for giving me this title

AHEM  WELCOME TO THE CHAOS WORLD WHERE WE SEE I'M ONLY GOOD AT WRITING ANGST AND FLUFF

tw shitty writing

Techno's POV

"Well, where to next, author?" I ask, playing with my hair. The pink locks tangle in my fingers, creating a mess of hair. I should feel something, probably, as we came with 7 people and so far we are rocking with 4. 

But my emotions stayed still. I suppose I was tense, in a way, tense and so my instincts and hours of training with Ginger kicked in. My emotions are a fragile thing, but fragility can be easily reinforced. 

The map dings, shaking me out of my thoughts as a message pops up on my screen. "Head to the caves," I read out loud, glancing to the others. Phil had a hand over Ranboo's arm, glowing warmly with healing energy. 

Looking around, I notice a switch on the ground, a small lever which I could just barely see, peeking out from the folds of a green fern. Ranboo frowns at me, following my gaze to the lever. "The caves? And what does that lever do?"

I shrug, tightening my cape further around my neck. "I don't know. But let's find out, shall we?" I walk forward, shrugging off the shouts of protest. I just wanted to get this hell over and done with. Crouching down, I ruffle through the grass for the button, pressing the wood into the plants. 

"Oh, gee. It would be a shame if anything happens in the next 5 seconds, wouldn't it?" I gaze out at the two men, who were eying me with something close to betrayal. I grin, teeth showing as the floor beneath us crumbles, falling into uncertain depths with us above it.

-0-

Okay, so maybe this wasn't the best idea. I muse in my head as we walk along the damp pathway, every sound making us jump. Obviously, I would never voice that thought. The great Technoblade is never wrong.

A scratching noise behind us.

Okay, sometimes I'm wrong, but it's not often. Phil was still our portable light source, glowing as we reach a room, which of course, has two pathways. Significance? Literally none. Anyway, we stop in the middle of the room, and Ranboo's hands wrap tighter around my arm, hugging closer to me.

"Fucker." Phil swears, having seen the same as I did. Another scratching noise behind us, and he sighs, pushing a hand through sandy-blond hair. "Okay, so we're going to have to split up." When Ranboo opens his mouth to object, Phil raises a hand. 

"If you're about to say that this is a horrible idea, I agree. However, it would be extremely unoriginal. But yes, if we're splitting up, we need motivation." The older finishes quietly, crossing his arms as his wings shift uneasily. 

"Ah, motivation, the thing I lack in literally everything." Ranboo mutters softly. "But what would that motivation be?" 

[Well, I can provide that.]

"Ah, shit." 

Cracks spread from a split in the wall, dust falling and coating the floor, and a deep rumbling fills the room. Phil, it seems, thinks quickly. "Okay the room is fucking falling apart, Techno you're the most important here, Ranboo, you go as well."

"Why would I-?" At a look from Phil, Ranboo nods, and visbly shakes as the wall leans towards us. Looking back, he sprints through the right-most door and yells something, too quietly to be heard over the crashing of pillars. 

All my emotions that I had managed so far to keep away flooded in, the gates breaking and emotions a tangled mess. Of course I wasn't going to leave Phil here, he would get hurt, he could die and I wouldn't leave him-

A yell, and I'm tackled by a flash of green as a large section of the caves falls on where I just was. Looking up, I see Phil grimacing, wing outstretched. "Just go, Techno! I'll be fine!"

A crash, crashes and rumbles and I shake my head, frantic. "Phil I'm not leaving you here, I wouldn't do that to you, why would I- How are you going to get out of this?"

And then the wall collapses. I can feel Phil wince, and somehow he shouts loud enough to be heard. "[I've gotten you out of so many situations."]  he gasps, protecting me with his wings as debris rain down. "I can get myself out of a few."

Everything crumbles and with a last yell, Phil shoves me off of him, pushing me towards the left pathway. "I'll be okay." He murmurs, and as I turn back to face him, we lock eyes and the wall of the cave crashes down, landing on top of him. 

I turn and run, I run because Phil said he would be fine and I have to trust that, and even if he wasn't fine then I would have to honour his sacrifice. I bring my map up, and the hardcore heart flashes in and out, blinking out eventually. 

I bite my lip, refusing to cry over something like this. Gonna have to convert the anguish into anger and fuel my journey, just go through. Silently, I cuss out the author, and walk forward, bringing out a torch and lighting it.

The light floods the place, and I swing my torch around, gazing at the white walls, and the water pooling at the corners, vines creeping up and down the walls, pale pink flowers growing on them. As if the flowers felt me looking at them, they open, buds appearing and flowering into a brighter pink, spelling out letters.

"What goes up a chimney down, but not down a chimney up?" I tilt my head. 

I think for a bit, before muttering a word and the flowers curl back up, showing a tick and then unravelling to reveal a doorway. 

The map dings. [well that was supposed to be hard and it was in the story, but i;m not giving the answer.]

As I watch, the crown blinks slowly, fading out. It's just me now. I brace myself, walk through the door, close my eyes and keep walking. A soft breeze hits my face, the scent of jasmine and lavender hitting my senses. A light shines bright, and I open my eyes, grimacing.

"Well shit, I've run out of motivation. Here, take this." And it throws an update at your feet, and I look up to see Cygnus. 

(FUY FAJSA DJ DONE DONE DONE YEUAYSIEAISUEY

ok next chapter is going to hurt all of you

especially a certain star-flame.)