Week 8 pt 1: Earthquake

[gem or precious metal.... _ilver]

Wk 8 part 1: Earthquake

"There are level 8 earthquake warnings in California, so please be careful Californians!"  The TV blares. Phil frowns, crossing his arms and leaning forward to mute the TV.  "Now moving onto new news... [T⍑ᒷ m𝙹⚍リℸ ̣ ᔑ╎リ k╎ꖎꖎᒷ∷ ╎ᓭ ʖᔑᓵꖌ, ᔑリ↸ ᓭ⍑ᒷ'ᓭ ᓭ𝙹ᒲᒷ𝙹リᒷ ||𝙹⚍ ꖌリ𝙹∴ ᔑリ↸ ᓭ⍑ᒷ'ᓭ ∷ᒷᔑ↸╎リ⊣ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ..]"

Phil tilts his head, pressing the mute button once again. The TV mutes this time, and Phil leans back, shaking his head, before taking a deep breath.

"Boys!" He calls. "Can you come down here please?"

Rumble

Phil's eyes widen, and he stabilizes himself against a table. "Boys! Get to safety!" He yells, hoping against hope they would hear him. He ducks under a table, whipping out his phone, as the signal fails. Phil curses, listening for sounds above him that would let him know that his sons were safe. 

Anything, He pleaded, Anything at all. 

Crash. That was not the sound that Philza Minecraft wanted to hear, and he coughs dust out of his throat as the TV falls to the floor, accompanied by the stand it was on. He struggles for a moment, grabbing the black backpack which was just within reach, which held all of their supplies needed for an earthquake. Glass animals statues rattle back and forth in the cupboard, and Phil raises his eyes up to the stairs, hoping that his sons had heard him.

Upstairs in Wilbur's room, he feels a tremor, and he grins. "Good bass beat." He hums as he adjusts his headphones. Another tremor wracks the house, and he looks towards the wall, checking if something was going on. A picture was askew, so he fixes it, before frowning. All of the pictures were askew, and they were shaking.  Wilbur raises an eyebrow, taking off his headphones to hear Phil shouting, and objects rattling in the shelf.

"Boys! GET TO SAFETY!" Wil hears Phil yell, and he widens his eyes, before quickly diving under his bed. 

Crash.

Objects fall to the floor, a bookshelf collapsing. Wilbur watches in disbelief as his monitor cracks, and his headphones tumble to the floor. He shakes his head. 

That doesn't matter right now, how are my family? Wilbur thinks, narrowing his eyes. From under the bed, he could see pictures falling to the floor as a music poster unfurls from the walls. Wilbur could see dust raining from the ceiling as the house shakes on it's foundations. Wilbur hears a shriek, and he narrows his eyes. 

A few doors beside, Tommy was vividly talking to Tubbo, when he heard a rumble. Tommy tilts his head, listening again as objects rattle in his shelves. His eyes flicking towards a distressed Tubbo, he swears. 

"Tubbo I'll be fine it's an earthquake I'll be o-" The signal cuts out, and Tommy gulps, looking around for a safe place as his mouth suddenly dries out.   

"Boys! GET TO SAFETY!" Tommy hears Phil yell. Tommy dashes towards the closet, jumping over a book in his way, narrowly avoiding a fallen shelve. Quickly throwing himself in the closet, he fumbles around for a place to be safe. As he does, it falls down in his struggling, and he shrieks. 

Crash.

Techno hears shouting, bringing him out of the zone-out he was in. Rumble. He was on top of his bed, reading a book, and he hears shouting. A rumble. His eyes grow wide as the shelf in front of his bed falls.