Chapter 40: Was it jealousy or something else

The next morning harper was woken up by one of the maids and was bathed, she was treated like a queen, servants washed her, change her clothes, and combed her hair. It felt uncomfortable especially how their heads are bowed, avoiding eye contact and polite manners, when a few days ago they were looking for a way to get rid of her. After eating her breakfast the maids brought her to the training ground. She went inside the hut and got comfortable she sat on the chair and surveyed the area, hundreds of shirtless and sweaty werewolves spar on the training ground. 'Did they bring me here to coach the warriors like this all dressed up like a doll?' she thought as she judges their every move 'They were already well trained what more am I going to coach them when it comes to battle Xavier was more experienced in that area.'

"This is boring. "  she let out a yawn her eyes begging for sleep. she'd rather sleep her head off while thinking of a way to steal the map. She leaned on her hands as her elbow propped on the table. 

After half an hour Xavier arrived on the training ground he noticed her sleeping on the table he's expression softened and he feels guilty for letting her wait. "Go buy her favorite snacks," he told Sky not taking his eyes away from his woman. He walks past the guards ignoring their greetings and concerns. His eyes were zeroed on one person and their reports are his least problem right now. He sat by her side and look at her tenderly. "Boss they-!" "Shh!"

Xavier glared at Edward, his wife was sleeping and he wants to stare at her peaceful state before she woke up, she would be frowning or have a blunt face by then.

"Hmmn." She groans and rubs her eyes,
"Have you been waiting for long?" He asked her his eyes glaring daggers at Edward.

"Yes, why do you need me here anyway?" She asks, a frown plastered upon her face her eyes adjusting from the light.

"Boss it's freshly baked!" Sky arrived holding a basket he put it on the table and arranged the kind of desserts on the table, his sweet tooth had been drooling ever since he got to the shop to buy the food. He reached his hands to take one but his hands were harshly slapped by Xavier.

"Boss, this is too many I'm sure sister-in-law can't finish it all." With his teary eyes, sky reasoned out hoping Harper would help him.

"I'm not hungry you guys enjoy it yourself."

Edward has been keeping an eye on her noticing her lack of appetite and her depressing state. "That's it I can't keep up with this anymore, you're being like that for a while now, I can tell something is wrong, it's been bothering you quite long. If you just tell-"

"Edward, have you forgotten your place? You might be my best friend. But I'm your alpha thus you can't ask for my matters, now will you allow me to go back to my room, Alpha?" 'How bold of him' she thought to herself as she glared at his delta fiercely. If she told him she wants the map will he give it to her easily?  She stood up attempting to leave but Xavier drags her down to his lap. He waves his hands leaving them both alone in the hut.

"What if I tell you....No~..... Wife, Edward might not know what's wrong but I can read your mind and face...... Jealousy is normal especially if you have a handsome husband like me"

"Looks like that big head of you- hmm" his lips were sweet and punishing her eyes widened at his action before she could even finish talking this man kissed her with so much force, he bit on her lower lip nibbling on her soft plump skin gently, "I love it when you're jealous for nothing" he spoke and peaked her lips.

"You can banish her from the pack,  My gamma has taken her under his wing so I haven't succeeded in sentencing her to be a rouge."

He pulls the jade key from his pocket and shows her, "My pack has three pairs of keys the jade, bronze, and crystal, Edward holds the pair of bronze keys, while Sky has the other pair, the jade is for the alpha's, and this here is for my future luna, I was hoping to give you this yesterday but it all didn't go as planned. Don't lose this with your clumsiness, they will acknowledge you as their luna despite not bearing my mark, you can have all the authority even my beta, Delta, and gamma can't have. Use this to overthrow her and to clean that head of yours. Ohh my sweet wife you'll receive your punishment later."He flicks her nose before handing her the key chuckling at her pouting lips

"What kind of punishment?" She frowned upon hearing his last word

"Was the punishment the only thing you heard, my dear wife is that what you are looking forward to?" He smirked seeing her rosy cheeks.

"Y-you damn pervert."

"What's running on your mind, little wif-" she fed him the brownies, entirely pushing the whole piece into his mouth.

"Oi have you two fixed it now?" Sky asked as he approached the couple and sat on the chair, Edward beside him who kept silent deep in his thoughts.

"You already received the key huh?!" Edward exclaimed as he noticed the green shiny thing on Harper's hand.

"Does that mean I can do anything? Like anything at all?" A mischievous smirk appeared on her face

"Alpha, I think this is not a good idea. Look she's already planning something and she didn't even bother to hide it from us." Sky let out a gasp, as he reached for a cookie

"Do try, unless you want to get cut," Xavier said bluntly

"Sister look he's bullying us ever since you two get along."

"Since when did the two of us get close Sky?" She asked mockingly and proceed to savor the food

"How can you both be a devil! Yes enjoy the food and I hope you get choked" he ranted and pout keeping quiet he was done with these two, how could they not share the food when he was the one who bought it with his own money? Just as he was sulking harper handed him a browny. "You look like a kid in the park who lost his balloon."