Chapter Five

Sorry about my late updates. I've been busy with Our Weird Life, so excuse my absence and enjoy this chapter :) 

Chapter Five

                I was waiting for one of my grandparents to get back so they could take me around places that were hiring. I used their computer and googled some places around my area. There were a couple restaurants and one catering job. I personally thought catering was better than working at Wal-Mart, but I just needed something.

My grandpa was the first one to come back and he agreed to take to me around. I get in the car and he backs out the driveway and onto the road.

“So where are we going?” He asked.

“I looked up some places and I saw The some smoothie place, and if that doesn’t work out then Applebee’s.” He laughs. “Alright, Applebee’s first, because that’s closer.” I sit back in the car and relax.

The car stops and we park. I get out and walk into the busy restaurant. This must be like a popular Applebee’s because everyone and their momma were here. I go to counter and tell give the woman my name.

“I called like thirty minutes ago asking about a job.” She looks through something and pulls a paper out. “Yes, Logan Roberts am I correct?” I nod.

She smiles, “You see we are busy, so I’m going to give you a basic interview right now, then I can have you fill this out, bring it back tomorrow, and we’ll see where it goes.”

She hands me what looks like an application.

I turn around and tell grandpa. “She’s going to ask me some questions.” He smiles.

“That’s good. Let’s hope you get a job here, because I like this one.”

~~~

                She asked me a bunch of questions and asked to come back tomorrow. We get back in the car to go look at more places. The smoothie place was a nice little shop in a busy mall like area. It had plenty of other stores surrounding it. We pull into the parking lot and I get out. Going inside, a few people were sitting down at little tables. There was a TV hanging from wall and it was showing the news.

“Hi I’m Logan. I called about an hour ago to talk about a job application.”

                A little interview and questions later, the manager hands me a paper and tells me to wait for their call. I thank them and turn around. A little girl who is sitting with her parent eyes my ever move. Her big blue eyes were wide and she looked excited.

“Hello?” I say to her.

She doesn’t speak. The parent finally looks at her daughter crazy.

“Daisy stop looking at her like that.” The girl smiled wide. “I’m sorry, but are you Elliot Roberts?”

I laugh, even though I always got kind of nervous that someone may blow my cover. “No not I’m sorry.” She shrugs, “It’s okay. Can I get a picture anyway?” I shake my head, “I’m sorry. I don’t look really look picture perfect today to take a selfie.” Her smile doesn’t falter though.

“You could be her long lost twin or something. Everyone knows Elliot’s in Cancun or some where, being her amazing self.” The girl says.

I smile at that. If I only I was in Cancun. I leave the confused girl and get back in the car.

“What took you so long?” I buckle my seat belt.

“Some girl almost passed out, because she thought I was Elliot Roberts.” I make jazz hands around my own name. He laughs, “Where to next?”