Chapter Seventeen

I'm sorry that this chapter is short af. It's my sister's graduation and a bunch of my family is here. So yeah, enjoy this though. :)

Chapter Seventeen

Will

            When Carmen and I leave the plane, she inhales strongly. "Thank you again, for buying my ticket." She said to me. I nod, feeling tired and wanting to go home. "Is someone coming to get you, or do you need a ride?" Carmen shakes her head. "You've done enough for me Will." I hug Carmen and call Cayla to come pick me up.

Cayla stands outside, against my car.  "How was L.A, my entrepreneur brother?"

 I gave a small smile. "I'm good, how's the birthday girl?"

I remember Cayla being born; it was a good day for my seven year old self. She was small, cute, and lucky to have Susan as a mother. My dad loved my mother, but the way he looked at Susan, made me believe I could still love someone with how complicated my life is.

"I'm good. You got everything in right?" I nod and we get in the car.

 "Buckle up." She demands. I laugh, looking at her.

"Just because you're turning nineteen, it doesn't mean you can boss me around. I'm the big sibling here." She smiles, turning on the car and driving out of the parking lot of the airport.

"I was little, Will. I didn't know any better." She laughed. I shake my head, "You put Susan's make up all on your face and she would get so mad." She calmed down, taking a breath.

 The car went silent. "Why do you call Mom by her name sometimes?" She looked at me as we stopped at a stoplight. I shrug. I didn't mean to, because I didn't want to make Susan feel like she isn't my mother. She took care of me after my mother died. And when I was little, my dad said when I was ready, I could call Susan 'mom' or I could use her name.

She presses on the gas, "Speaking of our parents, Dad has been asking me about you." I look at her, "Why?"  My father is always worried about me, it was nice, but then when it got overbearing, I had to let him know. I am a twenty-five year old entrepreneur, I could handle my life.

"He thinks there is something bothering you." I look at Cayla confused.

"Why would he think that?"

She shrugs, continuing down the street close to the neighborhood.

 "I forgot to tell you that, your girl is at home, trying to cook you brunch."

 I look out the window. India and I have been text arguing and she continues to be irritated with me for some reason. She claimed she needed to visit a friend and wanted me home early. When I didn't agree, she got upset. Continuing on and saying that she's always sacrificing things for me, because she loves me.

"Let's not talk about her right now, let's talk about something else." I said.

Cayla turns into our neighborhood. I look at my phone, checking if I had any emails.

"Logan?" I look up at the sound of her name.

"What about her?"

Sitting next to Carmen on the plane, she mumbled a lot of things in her sleep. She'd mumble names, would get too loud, and I would have to tell her to be quiet. She said Elliot and Logan a lot, but I only looked at her when said Logan. "She finally answered my phone call, after contacting her for about three days, And agreed to come to my party," She continued on, but I didn't hear the rest.