Chapter Eight

Yay Another Update! Probably update OWL tomorrow. 

Chapter Eight

            “Oh my gosh yes, you look amazing, that color goes so well with your skin. You look like a super model.”  Cayla said. I laughed at her super model reference.

I was standing in front of the mirror, in a dark blue low top with long sleeves dress that stopped at my knees. It was nice, no doubt, but I felt too dressed up. My hazel eyes that I masked with dull brown contacts were sporting some nice eye shadow and dark red lipstick for my lips. I never worried about putting on makeup and my eyes until now.

 “You dressed me up alright. Are you sure this is just a family dinner? Are we really about to go to some kind of crazy elegant event and your just not telling me?”

I turn and look at her. She was wearing a sweetheart dress with a white top and a big ruffle pink bottom. It was really cute and went with her skin well.

“No silly, it’s a family dinner. My parents just expect us to dress up really nice. They are classy country people, well at least my mother is.”

I go sit on the bed, no sign from my ridiculous mother and no sign from grandma. I decide that I’m tired of waiting and just need to go over there. I spring up from the bed and open the door. I hear giggling and see a dressed up India and a very hot looking Will.

She was twirling herself around showing off her dress. It was cute, but I couldn't stop the mean remarks I wanted to throw around in a nice voice.

I was already prepared to hear some bullshit from my grandma about my mother; this was just me being the bitch I am.

“I’m leaving.” I said walking passed them. Will stops and walks after me.

“Where are you going?” I smirk at his oh so concerned face. Oh poor boy, you’re worried about me? Well don’t be. “To my grandparent’s house. I need to have a little chat with them.” He gives me a look like he doesn't believe me, but doesn't act on it.

“Alright. We won’t go until you come back.”

India shakes her head. “Your mother wanted us to be there at seven exactly.”

Will turns around and looks at her. “I can deal with my mother, now back to you…”

I hold up my hand, “Don’t worry about it. Go without me, I’ll have Cayla give me a ride.”

India’s expression relaxed. Will hesitates and I frown.

“I’m not going to get drunk if that’s what you’re wondering. Stop worrying about me like an overprotective father and head over there; you don’t want to be late.”

India comes up to him and pulls on his arm. “She’s right, let’s go.”

 I leave the house and make my way to my grandparent’s. I rap my knuckles on the door and wait for them to open up. My grandma opens, giving me a bright smile. “Elliot, I haven’t seen you all day.”

 I give her a small smile and enter the house. “What can I do for you darlin’?” 

“I already asked Aunt Carmen about this and she told me to talk to you about it.” She frowns, “When did she call?” I asked.

She went to the kitchen and mixed something that was in a pot. “This morning.”

I scoffed; it was fucking 6:12 at night!

“What did she say exactly? I know she said she booked me and Chris an exclusive, but what else?”

Grandma sighed, “I told her your circumstances and how you just got situated here and she dismissed it. She said the interview is in a month and that she was coming down to get you.”