Chapter Eleven

Enjoy :D My Spring Break is coming to an end, so the weekend updates are back on track now. 

Chapter Eleven

Will

“It was when I was five, I barely remember it, but I knew it wasn't good. I had asked you if I could play outside and you said yes. I was confused and just a kid. I didn't understand what was wrong with you until it was too late. Until your actions fucked me up completely.”

20 years ago

I was playing with my ball when she opened the door and called my name. “Will, get in here! Why are you outside?” I look at her confused, “Because mommy, you said I could—“No I didn't, now get in here. I’m not going to ask you again.” I grabbed my ball and walked inside. She slammed the door behind her. “Damn kids. They never listen.” I went back to my room.

Before dinner, I went to her room. She was sleeping. “Mommy?” I called her name, going to the end of her bed. “Don’t touch me; don’t take my boy from me. Please!” She screamed. Her eyes were closes shut; she was rustling around the bed like a maniac.

“Mommy wake up!” I yelled. I was shaking her, but she continued to go crazy. “Mommy please!” She grabs my wrist hard. “Don’t touch me you bastard.” I try to pull back, but she didn't let go. I pull my hand out of her grip, crying. “Mommy.” I sob, and when I said her name for like the thousandth time she turns to me and opens her eyes. She looks at me weird for a second, and then something passes through her eyes.

“Will honey, what are you doing? What time is it?” I shrug, with tears in my eyes. “Mommy, you were screaming and yelling, it was scary.” She sits up from the bed and caresses my face. “What are you talking about baby?” She gives me a look, “Go in the kitchen and grab mommy one of those brown drinks.” She tells me. I go in the kitchen and open the big thing with the food. I see the brown drink mommy has all the time. I wonder what it was, I see all the adults on TV drink it. I bring it back to her and she takes it. “Good boy.” I left the room, because I was too scared to say anything else.

I don’t remember eating that night. I was hungry and haven’t eaten since morning time. It was dark outside. I go back to my room and hope my mommy remembers to heat up my dinner with the dinosaur chicken nuggets.

~~~

            We were learning about the alphabet in my 1st grade class when my name was called to go to the office. My teacher let me go and wished me a good weekend. I go to the office with my super hero backpack that my Papa gave me and opened the door. When I go in, I see the two pretty ladies behind the very big desk. “Hey sweetheart, are you Will Harrison?” I nod, and she smiles. “Your grandmother is here to pick you up.”

I spot my grandma sitting down in a chair. “Grammy!” She stands up and holds out her arms to hug me. “Hey Willie.” She picks me up. “What are we doing? Are we going to the zoo?” That whole week, I've asked and asked my mommy to take me, and yesterday she finally said she will. “Sure buddy, whatever you want.” I get down from her arms and we walk to her car. She buckles me in the backseat.

“Grammy is mommy coming? She said she would take me.” Grammy turns around. “No Willie she’s not. Mommy has to go away for a while; you’re going to stay with me until she comes back.” I frown, “Why is mommy sick?” She nods, “Yeah, but she can be helped. You don’t worry.”

 I wanted to ask more questions, but I got distracted by the music she turned on. It was one of my favorite songs. I didn't know the name of the song, but I danced along anyway. “What are you excited to see the most buddy? The elephants or the lions?” Grammy asked me. I thought about it, because I loved Lions, but the Elephants were so big. “The Lions!”