Chapter Twenty-One

Some Sad Tunes I suggest to get more into the depressed mood Elliot is in. I hope I get you guy's feedback at the end. I really enjoy this story and am really taking you guys request and am thinking about the sequel. I will have a official decision about that and be sure to tell you guys. And Guess What!? I've already said this in the recent OWL update, but its my birthday on Wednesday :) Alright off of me, Enjoy the chapter.  

Chapter Twenty-One

"Come on, Eli, you have to eat." Chris begged me.

I sat in a hotel room. "Just once, I got your favorite. A bake potato from that place you like. I can't remember the name, but your mom—"Which one? Since my life is suddenly a lifetime movie, we're talking about Carmen right?"

Chris placed the bag down with the food in it. "Elliot I know this must be hard, but she did it, because she loves you. They both do and I don't think you should—"Should what, feel betrayed and upset? You must not have heard her when she said she was my real mother and my real father wanted nothing to do with me. You must not have heard her when she said that she couldn't take care of me herself, because she was addicted to drugs. You must not have, but I did. I know what she said and I know what she meant, but that doesn't change how I feel inside. How all of this has made me feel."

I lay in the hospital bed, with my head pounding and my soul numb. I physically and mentally felt like I would break if I didn't leave. Everything was coming back to me like a movie. Will, the party, the dance, him following me to that room, him finding out about me, him leaving, and then me falling. The ambulance was there and Carmen said she was my mother. I didn't believe it at first. I thought she was just saying that, because my mother wasn't here.

My mother Camille Roberts, not Carmen Roberts.

Being told that the person you thought was your mother really isn't, changes everything. No matter all the irritation and disliking I felt for my mother, she was only doing it because she loved me. Because my real mother couldn't take care of me. She couldn't support a child, and tackle an addiction at the same time.

"Who is my father?" I asked my voice hoarse from all the crying.

The worst thing about this is, I am yet again left feeling like I have no clue who I really am. Am I really Elliot Roberts? Am I really impressive and beautiful like everyone thinks I am? Am I really capable of feeling anything other than regret and sorrow right now?

"Miles Carver. He was my boyfriend back in high school. I was the good girl and he was the bad boy, so we were destined to be together. And being the rebellious good girl, I did everything he did. I snuck out, I smoke, I drank, I partied, and I had sex. I lost my virginity to him when I was eighteen. I thought after that it was it. We would be together and we would carry on our lives in love."

Carmen turned her head to look at me. I saw a tear fall down her face and saw myself in those eyes. Carmen and Camille were identical, but I could see the differences. I was Carmen's child. The more she stared at me, the more I could see the clear resemblance.

I thought I just got all my looks from Camille when I looked at her husband, but I wasn't his. I was whoever Miles Carver was. The man that didn't want me. The man that told Carmen to get rid of me. I didn't want to be his if he didn't want me. I wanted to be Charles Bair. I wanted him to be my father, because even though he knew I wasn't his, he still treated me like I was. He treated me like his own.

I turn my head as a tear slips from my own eyes. She continues the story talking about how Camille was infertile and they agreed to have Camille raise me while she got clean. She has been clean for fifteen years and hasn't touched anything close to drugs.