Chapter One

Chapter One

"Elliot look over here." I heard. I turn to face the flashing lights. Camera, after Camera was snapping pictures of me in this designer dress that went really good with my chocolate skin, but I swear was suffocating my legs. "Now Elliot and Dennis over here." Dennis Marshall was my boyfriend of a year now. He was a very good looking African American guy who had a way with words. I smiled as he kissed my cheek. We finally were usher in and people looked our way. Pop stars, musicians, and movies stars, such as myself; were packed in a room to watch the premiere of my movie. I go up on the stage and see the entire people crowd around and clap for me.

 I smile and accept the microphone from someone. All my co-stars come up and join me.  I was the main character and my partner Chris was my love interest. He was very attractive, with his green eyes and dark hair. "It was the first movie I'd had played in and I really enjoyed the background and the welcoming cast." I pass the microphone to Chris and he starts to speak. I watch everyone focus their eyes on Chris. I look around and notice Dennis was not in his spot before. I wait for introduction to be over before I went to look for me.

"And here it goes," The director points to the screen and presses play. I get off the stage and walk to the bathrooms. Maybe Dennis ran off there, I really wanted him to see this. "Hey Elliot, where you going?" I heard. I turn around and see Chris. His green eyes looking at me. I give him a small smile. "I'm looking for Dennis." I tell him. Chris and I are best friends. We grew close on the set and have been friends since. This was my first movie ever and I was surrounded by experienced stars, I needed a friend or shooting was going to be lonely. Our friendship was never seen as  anything else since both of us had partners, but that didn't stop me from thinking he was attractive. He was a very nice and cool to hang out with though, that's why I never tried anything with him. "I think I saw him go somewhere with Fiona."

Fiona was my friend as well. I knew her since middle school and everyone thought we were twins. We have the same chocolate skin complexion and dark hair. She and Dennis do not get along though. Every time they were in the same room together when I bring either one of them around, they would go at it. Talk about each other and mumble things under their breaths. I had a talk with them one day, telling them to try and be civil for the benefit of me, and I think it worked. Ever since then they seem to be getting along.

What I didn't expect to see was Dennis and Fiona sucking each other's face off like they were fucking vacuums. What they didn't expect was that I would catch them. I decide not to yell and scream at them. Even though I was itching to grab my so called friend by the hair and bang her head in, and kick my now ex-boyfriend down the fucking stairs, but I don't.

 I watch them.

I watch them kiss each other and act like it was not hurting someone dear to them.

"We have to tell Elliot today." Dennis said. "We can't. Today is her big day, we don't want to ruin it for her." Fiona says back to him.

Bullshit!  You don't give a fuck about me!  I wanted to yell at them.

I had enough with this shit. I'm done.

I storm off from the bathroom and go back to the party. While watching the premiere, there was a cater walking around with Moscato on a silver platter. He offers me one, and at first I refused, but then I call him back over.

Who cares anymore?  Not me.

I take two from his tray and sip the first one.

"What happened?" Chris comes to stand next to me. "Did you find Dennis?"