Chapter Twenty-Three

Here we go! :) Your weekly updates start now. I apologize for the grammar mistakes. I was in a rush, but I will edit the chapter soon. Enjoy :) I actually have the ending already and its going to be a good one. You guys are going to love it. False Claim is going to end on Chapter Twenty-Five. So be ready for a jampack finale.

Chapter Twenty-Three

I park across the street and look at the house.

I've been here plenty of times, but haven't stepped foot in this area since things went down. I had no remorse for what I was about to do. I was going to be the improving actor I am and play a role to get what I wanted. And that was the truth.

I shut my door and walked up to her door. Deciding to knock, because that's what I usually did, I waited for her to open the door. She was here, her car was in the driveway. A black jeep that I could use these sharp heels and jab a hole into her tires. However that isn't what the old me would do.

The old me would wait until she opened her door and smile when she did.

Finally the mahogany door opened and there stood Fiona. Her brown skin and long dark hair reminded me of when people would confuse us for twins. She smiled at that fact, but I was always irritated by it. Fiona and I were very different. She was so persistent to follow the crowd. If I did something, she'd so it. If I went somewhere, she's find some way to come along. She never was a leader.

I was always the one leading the way, and when I got that part in the movie and started dating Dennis, she stopped. She didn't tag along. She didn't want to come. She didn't speak to me. And the one time I made her and Dennis come to peace for me, it back fired. And that I something I would never do it Fiona. I would have never done something like that to hurt her. She was my friend.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me. I gave a wide fake smile. "Hello to you too Fiona."

I walked past her and into her house. She shuts the door, looking at me weird. "I'm sorry if I'm not welcoming you with open arms." I look around her house. Maybe for Dennis, or for evidence, or an unpacked suitcase. "Oh don't make me sound so bad Fiona. I'm not the guilty one here." I look at her, hoping to crack something. She stops, looking sad. "You haven't heard?" I raise a brow, wanting to reply with a sarcastic remark, but let her finish.

"Dennis and I broke up."

I stop the urge to laugh in her face. She couldn't be serious. I cover my mouth when she glares at me. "If you came here to laugh in my face, then don't. I don't need to hear it from you too." I almost felt bad for her. "Did you cry?" I ask, not really caring. I was trying to get under her skin. The nice act wasn't working. "Why would I tell you that?" She retorted, still giving me that glare.

"Was it so bad that you had to follow me?" I stepped close to her. "Follow me all the way to Oklahoma? Because that's not grieving, that's called stalking." She backed up, looking at me like I completely lost it. I may have, but if this bitch did it, I would know it now. "You're fucking kidding right? Did you hit your head that hard when you fell down the stairs at some hoedown rinky-dink place?"

Every step she took back, I followed it with a step forward. "Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recover Fiona. You were so mad about Dennis that you had to follow me and hope that I fucked up so you could expose me to the world. Why did it take you so long?" I had her barricaded against the wall. If she was going to confess it would be now.

"It didn't, because I read it on that magazine. I'm not the one who let out your little secret Elliot. I don't care about Dennis nor do I have the time to spend it on stalking you. I have better things to do." She pointed to the magazine on her coffee table.