Chapter Fourteen

Yay!!! Sorry for the long ass wait. I hope you enjoy and get your comments on what you think.

Chapter Fourteen

                My dream caused shivers to run through me. After that, it took me a while to go back to sleep. Thoughts like that were running through my mind and wouldn't stop. I wasn't the type to just believe that dreams were a sign. It wasn't real, so why should I give in to that kind of fictional torture. That's what dreams were for, to escape reality.  

                So when I woke up the next day, feeling orientated and distant I turned to see Chris's face. He opened his eyes and looked at me. "Thank you for staying with me." I whispered. He gave me a small smile. "You welcome Eli." I get up and stretch. "I have to go pick up my aunt from the airport." I go in my bathroom and brush my teeth. "So I'll see you when we do the interview yeah?" I try to say between brushing. "Yeah. You have fun with your Aunt and I'll see you later."

Chris gives me a hug and a kiss on my head. I spit and rinse my mouth out and move on to washing my face.

                I finish up and get dressed. As I was about to walk out the house, my mother stops me. "You want someone to tag along with you?" I turn around and  raise a brow, studying her. "Um...I guess so. I was going to drive." She raised her hand and in them were a pair of keys. "Alright. Let's go." She walked past me and to the garage. My mother had one of those electric cars that didn't need gas. She barely drove it around, so it just sits here. When we get into the car, she hands me her keys.

"You know Elliot; you look so much like Carmen. Of course we're identical, so you look like me too, but you remind me of her sometimes as well," I look at her crazy.  She was acting weird. "It was probably because when you were little, you spent so much time with her, she rubbed off on you."

 I turn to her, "Are you alright?" She chuckled, putting on her seat belt. "Yes Elliot, now put on your seat belt." There she goes again, being demanding. I put on my seat belt and back out of the garage. Following the directions my phone was directing, I drive to the airport.

                Throughout the ride, my mother was talking about when Aunt Carmen and she were young. She talked about Grandma and the small little state they lived in.

 She talked about when she went to school and was always compared to Carmen. And that slowly made her resent her sister, but it was when Aunt Carmen was about to be twenty and was being even more reckless than before. She said that Carmen messed up and needed her help. She wouldn't tell me what Aunt Carmen did or what she needed.

                When her phone beeped in her pocket, she cut her story short and answered it. "Oh Hey Sandra."  As she was talking, I wondered what Aunt Carmen had to say about mom.

Was she always so demanding and in control? Her description of Aunt Carmen made me want to know more about her and mom's past.

I feel like I barely knew anything. I didn't even know the story about how my parents met. I looked over at her mother when she laughed. I hadn't heard her laugh in forever.  I was rarely around to spend any time with her. I felt bad. I reached out, grabbed her hand and squeeze it. She looked at me surprised, but then smiled.

~~~

                When we reached the airport, I called Aunt Carmen to let her know we were here. We close our doors and entered the building. When we get in, I search for her. "There she is." My mother points her out. Aunt Carmen notices us and smiles. I wave, smiling as well. My mother and Aunt Camren run to each other.