Chapter Four

I'm going to come back and edit all the errors. I need to do the same for my other stories, but i wanted to update. I don't know how I'm going to form out my time to update, but I will continue to. If you haven't read my other stories, then why hesitate?! Go ahead and do that after this :) 

Chapter Four

            “It’s time for your group meeting Miss Roberts.” I turned around to see the Nurse that’s been helping me since the first two weeks I’ve been here. I rolled my eyes, but pulled the covers off me and got up from the bed. I follow her down the hall and into the room where I spent two weeks, talking about my ‘addiction’

There were five other people in the group, all addicts to alcohol. Some were young, old, and mid-age. Tanya who was one of the women that sat by me in every meeting, she went on and on about how she wanted to drink some rum. I sat down in my seat and the man who was behind this whole meeting smiled at me.

“How’s your day Miss Roberts?” Dr. Wilkins asked me.

Dr. Wilkins was a salt-and pepper haired white man who was actually very attractive, compared to the hair you’d think would be a sign that he’s old. He was in his thirties and was married with two children. How I know all this, was because in every meeting he wanted us to tell us our background. In every meeting. You’d say about where you came from and why you’re here.

“I’m good Dr. Wilkins.” He smiled.

“Alright, since we usually start off with Whitney, let’s start with someone new. Miss Roberts, would you like to share first?” Everyone turned to me.

“I’m Logan Roberts, I’m twenty-one, I worked at a popular restaurant before here, meeting a bunch of celebrities and stuff. My parents sent me here because they think I’m an alcoholic.” I said.

Flashback

My stylist, Gwen had me seated in front of my mirror and was snipping at my hair. She cuts and trims it, then gives it a good wash before putting something on it to make it curly. I think she said it a perm but I wasn’t sure, nor did I care. When she turned my chair around, I was happy with the way I looked. I still looked like me, but with wild, untamed curls.

“When you leave you will tell everyone your name is Logan.” Sandra said.

“Logan Roberts. When you’re gone, your mother is telling the press and everyone that you’ve decided to take just a break, the entire spotlight was overwhelming you and you need a distraction.”

Sandra went on and on about the things I was supposed to say, the things I was supposed to do. Tell them I’m a waitress who serves drinks, and dabbles a little bit too into them. Whatever it was to leave and get out of this place for a while, I’d do.

I had to get a new wardrobe and everything. Once I was dropped off, that was it. No one knew I was here except parents and Sandra.

Present  

Everyone else moves on with their name and something about them. I sit tight in my seat, and listen on. “Who still as thoughts about having something to drink?” He asked the group. No one spoke up. “No thoughts about a mimosa in the morning? Wine in the evening? Then that hard liquor at night?” Tanya raised her hand.

“Rum sounds nice once and a while.”

 I laugh.

 Dr. Wilkins nods. “And that’s alright. It’s alright to still want to have alcohol as our comfort, but you can’t that consume you. You have to set that boundary between you and liquor and build it with the strength not to ever cross it again.” He turns to Natalie. Who is a blonde white woman and has been here a week, she came in acting like a crazy person and they strained her.