Chapter Twenty-Four

Yay!  Enjoy this chapter and excuse my mistakes. :)

Chapter Twenty-Four

"I'm going to miss you honey." Carmen said on the phone.

I was about to board my early plane to New York, and she called me to wish me good luck. "I'll be back before you know it. Aren't you going back to Oklahoma?" Carmen hasn't been back and I know it.

She's been here this whole time and I didn't wanna pry, but she needed go home some time. I was a big girl. I could live on my own and be in Los Angeles alone.

"Yeah, I'm going tomorrow, so when you get back I won't be there. However you can call me all the time and visit whenever." I smiled, she was trying. "I will definitely try. Now I have to go, but love you." I got my stuff checked and went through the line. "Love you too Elliot, so much." I hang up and sit down in my seat.

As sleep consumed me on the first class plane, I looked out the window. This was my chance and I couldn't let anyone stop me. Not Fiona, or Dennis. I watched the clouds go by and closed my eyes.

"You lied to me." He said.

I nod, feeling broken. "Will I know, but I had to—"You didn't have to Elliot! You could have told me and I wouldn't have treated you any different."

I shake my head, "Yes you would have Will! You don't know anything about me. I don't even know me. The woman who I thought was my mother isn't and I don't even know my real father, because he didn't want me. He told Carmen to get rid of me. I wasn't enough for him. I wasn't enough for someone who was supposed to love me unconditionally."

Will grabs me by the shoulders, "Elliot you were enough for me! You were everything I want, yet I can't get past this. I can't keep on falling for someone who turns on me. I can't keep getting hurt by someone I love." I caress his arms, "You love me?"

Will moves his hands to cup my face, putting his head to me, he whispers, "I do. I do so much, but I can't do this." He slowly pulls away. "I can't be with you. I can't do this, this isn't my life." I reach out for him, shaking my head. "No, Stop. Will don't do this. Stay with me, stay here with me and—"Elliot," he gives me a sad look. "Let go."

My heart stops, but something in me listens. It loosens the grip I had on his hand and watches him fade away. My heart falls and my body goes numb. His voice fades away with one last word, "Elliot."

I wake up, I look around. The plane was empty and the flight attendant was standing over me. "Ms. Roberts, I'm sorry to wake you, but we've landed." I was sweating and it was hot.

I grab my stuff and get off the plane. Catching my ride to the hotel, I put on a fake smile when I pull up and paparazzi is flashing the camera at me.

I hear things yelled at me like 'Where is your country lover?' or 'Is Will Harrison your date to the show?' I ignore them all and walk into the hotel tell. I was greeted by the owner and given my room key.

When I was alone, I sat on the bed and cried. I've been holding it in this whole time, but I couldn't stop. That dream was like reality and I couldn't take that. My hands were shaking and my mind felt dizzy.

I go to the large window that gave me a beautiful afternoon sight of New York City from the top. The city lights were clouded by the tears in my eyes. I closed my eyes hard, and sigh. Roughly wiping my eyes, I look up, and silently pray.

I took a deep breath and looked around the room. I still had to check into the studio. I ran my hands over my face again and wrapped my arms around myself.