Chapter Twelve

I'm sorry with how late I updated and how short this is. I had major Writer's Block, and I tried to put something together. I still have ideas, so don't worry. 

Enjoy, excuse my mistakes

Chapter Twelve

As I was let out of the car, I walk up to the porch. I unlock the door and go inside the house that I spent wanting to scream and pull my hair out. I’ve yelled, drunk, and cried in this house. I don’t think I’ve ever felt true love, from anyone except my family. And that goes a long way until you finally can’t stand them and want to leave.

“Elliot is that you?” I heard my mother’s voice from upstairs.

I set my things down, “Yes.”

I look up and see her at the top of the stairs. Her face was locked on her phone. “Great your father and I want you to come out and eat with us. Dress nice,” She finally meets my eyes and looks me up and down.

“Why are you wearing that hideous plaid shirt?”

 I look down at my outfit. I wasn’t worried about my outfit when I was walking out, I was focused on leaving. I was wearing a plaid red shirt with black jeans and combat boots. My hair was down and wild.

I ignored the need to reply back. I was tired and irritated with other things, than her. I  didn't want to argue right now.

“You and Aunt Carmen look so much alike.” I said instead.

 It was crazy how identical they were.

“Did you spend a lot of time with her?” I nod, going to the kitchen.

“Well maybe we can invite her to your father’s party.”

I shrug, “Sure I can give her a call.

I grab my phone and see the tweet from the same article about Denis.

“Elliot Roberts Is Back!”

And it was a picture of me getting out of the car and going inside. I gasp, I was being discreet as ever. You really couldn’t tell if that was me or not, by my change of appearance, but that doesn’t explain how quickly they discovered me here.

“Mother I thought—I turn around and she wasn’t there. “Mother!” I go to her room. She was in her walk in closet, looking for clothes. “What? Stop yelling.” She tells me. I frown, getting even more irritated than before. “There are people outside. They took a picture of me like this. Like Logan.”

She comes out looking at me. “So? Honey you’re a celebrity. And you just came back from a ‘resort’ they are going to be on your tail.”

I groan, of course I knew that, but it didn’t stop my worries. I go to my room and hurry to take out my contacts. Flat ironing my hair, I take off my clothes and I change into a black floral maxi dress. When someone knocks on the door hard, I turn to answer it.

“Who is it?” I call to the door.

“Chris!” The voice yells back.

 I open the door and he engulfs me in a hug.

“I had to see what all the fuss was about. Your back, where did you go?”

“It’s a long story.” I sigh, if I was going to stop drinking, then I needed some food.

~~~

“So let me get this right, you were in rehab for two weeks, until your grandma and your mother’s identical twin came and got you out. And from there you went to live with a hot guy named Will and now you think you may like him, but he has trust issues and a girlfriend. Who you think is using him.”