Chapter 10

Oh my gosh guys I'm so sorry I only just realized that I didn't post chapter 10, why didn't you guys say anything though?. Anyway I'm giving a shout out to @oluwateju, she's the one who informed me.

.......................................
I left the castle and climbed into the carriage. As we went back to my palace, I thought about my next moves: the tutors will be here soon and I'll hopefully start learning more about this world, I have to get back to the academy soon but not before I have some semblance of control over my vampire powers, so maybe tomorrow I can ask mother to teach me. Ugggh so much to learn.

Having made my decision, I settled my head against the soft fur seats and enjoyed the rest of the ride. We reached the castle shortly and Alice got out before me and held the carriage door open.

I smiled at her and we both walked into the castle. Inside, the hustle and bustle of moving feet brought my attention to Edith as she ordered the servants around to clean up the castle.

" Good job Edith" I said as I passed by her, " thank you for the praise your highness" she said stopping to bow before me before turning to face the servants once again. I walked forward wanting to explore the castle, though I have amaryllis's memories, its not much help as she didn't know anywhere in the castle either.

I walked up the first flight of stairs leaving the kitchen, dining area, ballroom and throne room behind. The second floor is where my room is located and was filled with many other rooms, after checking 7 of them, it was safe to assume that they were all bedrooms meant for my future harem, sheesh, i get it that women here have a lot of men but seriously, this floor has over 10 rooms!. How many men am I supposed to have exactly?!!!.

Climbing up the next flight of stairs, I arrived at the third floor. Here I opened the first door and entered a huge library, it was filled rows and rows of books on wooden shelves. At the center a plush, comfortable looking chair sat before a medium sized table.

A swing chair was at the opposite corner and the three large windows that reflected light into the room each had a window seat. This is heaven!!!, So I'm ending the tour here because I want to read, definitely not because my stamina is exhausted from walking two flights of stairs each made up of 24 marble steps.

" Alice" I said as I called the silent maid over to me " get a tray of pastries and tea from the chef", she bowed before me " yes, your highness" and went off to do as she was asked.

Once she left, I hurried around the library trying to find the shelf or row for magic books. I was unable to find anything though probably because I was rushing and the library was huge. I should probably ask mother how the books are arranged and see if I can find any books on magic.

I sat down just as Alice returned, a fully loaded tray in her arms. I smiled at her in appreciation before sinking into the swing chair and making myself comfortable. The library was quiet and cozy and I began reading a book I had randomly picked from the shelves, occasionally having a bite of pastry and a sip of the tea.

Two hours later.....

"Knock knock" the sound of someone knocking on the door brought my head out of the fantasy it was currently deep into. " Your majesty, may I come in ? " Mrs Edith's voice sounded. " Yes" I said and watched as she swung the door open before walking in.

" Your tutors are here your majesty , they're waiting in the green house right now." I nodded at her and stood up from the chair walking out of the library , down the stairs and out of the castle doors until I arrived at the green house.

I walked in to meet three people- all females- sitting around an intricate glass table drinking tea, they didn't seem to be old as the oldest of them looked about 20. As soon as I walked in, they all stood up and bowed to me " we greet your highness, princess amaryllis Sylvester." I motioned for them to sit before sitting at their table replying " it's an honour to meet you all."