Chapter 6

After all the servants had returned. I smiled and sat down onto the chair I had tasked one of them with carrying. The head maid lay before me still unconscious, the vat of silver a few feet away from her. I twirled the whip around remembering all the times it had struck my skin. The deep piercing pain and the dark, ugly scars it had left behind. Though both had faded, they would be forever ingrained into my memory.

I spoke " As every one of you has just seen, I am taking back my castle and dealing with those who made my life a living hell, majority of you will leave here today of that I'll make sure, but for now I want you all to witness the fate of those who offend me". I calmly walked towards the vat and dipped nearly half of the whip into it.

After having the head maid restrained, I hit her acupuncture point and woke her up. Her dazed eyes hadn't cleared yet before I struck the whip against her skin. The sharp sound was like thunder, startling the female servants and making the males all huddle around each other. I grinned, satisfied as a sharp yelp came from the head maid. She looked around wildly, recognizing what was going on.

I hit her again, again and again. I didn't stop until her skin was marred with painful looking scars, scars I knew would take a long time to heal and even longer to fade away. Mine were only gone because of my royal blood. The head maid had stopped screaming after the 7th lash, had started weeping after the 11th and had fainted after the 14th.

I instructed the maids holding her to drag her out of my castle. I sat down again and dipped the whip into the prepared tub of water. I felt nothing as the blood spread around the tub, mixing with the water until what remained was a reddish liquid. As the heiress to one of the largest businesses in the world. I and gone through a lot to succeed to that position. Surviving several assassination attempts and harsh lessons had exposed me to the reality of the world.

Though I had never killed anyone, punishing traitors and anyone who had dared to harm my family was something I was already used to. Once the whip was cleaned, I drew it out of the water and dropped it onto a large cloth to dry.

I faced the rest of the servants, they had also tortured me without any fear. I picked about five females who from my memory had never bullied me before and asked them to stand aside. Among them, I chose one of them to get me another tub of water which I used to wash off all the dirt and blood from my arms and face.

Once I was clean enough, I reclined against the chair making myself comfortable. " Someone prepare a carriage" I didn't even look at any servant, I was sure one of them would rush to fulfill my orders, if only to serve as an excuse to leave my line of sight. "You two" I pointed to two of the female servants I picked out "burn all the bedsheets and bed covers in the main castle."

They nodded and got to work. ," The carriage is ready, your highness" I nodded at the random servant who had come in while I was assigning duties to the maids and went into the bedroom behind me. I called some other maids and directed them to literally throw the body of the head steward out the window. The rest of the maids were tasked with moving three of the chests containing the coins to the carriage while I took the seal and hid it inside the layers of the cloth I was currently wearing.

I was about to leave before I remembered somethimg o passed out on the floor beside me."I'm leaving the castle to visit my mother. I expect the rest of you all to be gone by the time I return else, your lives will end here."

I didn't care about the fact that some of them were female, they had tormented me and they deserved to be punished. "You" I pointed to the last remaining maid , she shivered and looked up at me " come with me." She nodded meekly and followed behind me.

We arrived at the castle door and standing in front of it was a magnificent carriage. It was made of purple firwood, the most expensive and durable metal in the kingdom, it was gold in colour with swirling silver embellishments, it also had two clear glass windows on opposite side of the carriage.