Chapter 7

A beautiful assistant walked towards me with a smile on her face " hello miss, what can I get you?" At that point , I raised my eyes to meet hers and I heard her sharp intake of breath, she began shivering a little and quickly lowered her head like she couldn't stand to look me straight in the eyes.

I pretended to not notice the action and spoke " I would like some clothes, the best your store has to offer " she nodded a 'yes' and quickly disappeared from my sight, weird, I'm sure I don't look menacing and all the blood has been washed off why did she refuse to meet my eyes?.

I go to sit on a bench and motioned for the maid to stand beside me, while waiting for the assistant to return, my ears involuntarily pick up a conversation from three women at the other side of clothing rack opposite me.

" Who is that girl?, She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen" one said and the other replied " not only that, did you feel the slight pressure she was emitting when she walked in?, and she didn't even look like she was aware of it?" " If only she wasn't dressed like a cherry sundae gone wrong, she would look perfect." The last one ended and that was followed by a round of boisterous giggles.

I ignored them and looked around some more until a lone outfit on a rack caught my eye, I grabbed it and looked for a room I could change into and spotted a large black mahogany door a few feet away. "wait here " I said to the maid and she nodded at me " yes, your highness".

I quickly walked through it and entered the room. It was decorated simply with a small white fur couch, an expensive black carpet, behind the carpet was a small bookshelf filled to the brim with books.

I noticed a small black glass table on which some snacks and a cup of what looked like tea were placed. The tea was still steaming so I assume it had been freshly prepared, 'this is really nice , much better than the fitting rooms of my world ' I thought to myself as I tasted a cookie, 'it's nice but too bland for me' and without even sparing a thought to why a fitting room would be decorated so luxuriously, I faced the large, full length mirror before me and started to undress.

I had only taken off the outer layers of the ridiculous dress and was left with only one flimsy inner layer when amaryllis's reflection caught my attention. I stared at myself in the mirror as I remembered a paragraph from the story.

It was said that the prettiest woman in the empire was the third daughter of the vampire queen, her hourglass figure seemed to be carved from the goddess of beauty herself, but that wasn't what captured the eyes of the men and drove the women insane with envy.

No other woman possessed silver hair as long and silky as hers. Her hair complimented her pale, smooth and tender skin which was absent of any scar. Her ruby red eyes sparkled without needing the rays of the sun, her small and cute button nose was complimented by her small rose coloured cupid shaped lips.

Many fans had asked the author if amaryllis was truly the most beautiful girl in the book and she had affirmed it saying that the beauty was meant to be amaryllis's only good point. I was so absorbed in admiring the original owner's beauty that I didn't notice that there was someone else in the room until someone cleared his throat.

I spun around startled, to face a boy of about 18 years. My breath hitched as I stared at his face completely forgetting my current state of undress, he had icy blue eyes so light they were almost transparent with long waist length blonde hair that he tied with a silk ribbon, straight nose, a defined jaw and a sharp chin.

Something sticking out of his hair caught my attention and I realized in amazement that he was an elf, I noticed his face was as red as a tomato 'he's blushing?, So cute but um why?'. He quickly turned around and said " I'm so sorry I didn't realize you'd be changing in here" a low voice sounded and then it clicked I was still in my inner wear!