Ch 30

"Naerys, we're here" I gently shook him awake. I would've preferred to carry him but I wanted Naerys to see the environment of his new home, if there was anything he didn't like, I had to know so I could change it. He stirred in my arms and blinked a few times before lazily opening his eyes and staring at me.

My heart skipped a beat and I shook my head. This was nonsense, I wasn't a teenage girl whose crush had asked her out for the first time, I was a successful CEO, why would my heart skip a beat? It wasn't possible.
Alice opened the door and I offered my hand to help Naerys out of the carriage.

He took it and I brought him down smiling all the while. It seems like the nap had cleared Naerys of all his negative feelings, he was back to smiling now. " Where are we, amar?" He asked in awe as we stood at the pathway to my palace " you'll see" I replied gently pulling him after me.

Naerys had a starry eyed look on his face as he stared at the brick pathways and flowers of the palace, his favourite place seemed to be the greenhouse and he had wanted to stay there longer but it was getting late, so I dragged him up the stairs into my room. After shutting the door, I turned around to find Naerys standing akwardly at the center of my huge room " where are we amar?, We're in someone's room?" I laughed for a bit and led him to bed " don't worry Naerys, this is my palace and my room soon to be your new home".

Naerys blushed before my words sank in, once they did he looked up sharply and stared around the room. " R-really Amar?" He whispered "this is your home?" I sighed at the tremble in his words and nodded. Of course he was surprised, I didn't even want to imagine the state of wherever his mother had dumped him and Wes to live, he had probably never been somewhere this luxurious. It didn't help that Lillian had spouted rubbish before we left the school.

I clasped my hand around his and nudged his head up " Naerys I'm sorry I wasn't able to be there for you earlier but I'm making you a promise; from this moment on you are my family and there won't be be an unhappy day in your life.  You are never going to experience anything like that again, I swear to you." I wrapped my arms around his shaking form and wasn't surprised to feel my shoulder damp. Naerys clutched my arm and said tearily " th-thank you Amar."

I pulled away and smiled wiping the tears from his eyes "now, your surprise." I stood up and moved to my cupboard and brought out two huge cloth bags from Carstelle. I slowly unwrapped it and barely suppressed the gasp from my throat.

They was beautiful.

I carefully laid them before Naerys who looked at me in confusion " these are your clothes for our ceremony Naerys, do you like them?". He turned to look at me again, this time in surprise and I giggled " I'll leave you to it" I grabbed my clothes and went into the next room. Alice seemed to pop out of nowhere whenever I needed her so I wasn't really surprised when she poked her head through my door and asked " do you need any help, your highness?"

She then proceeded to do my hair along with helping me into the dress, "your majesty" she squealed " you look so beautiful!".

" Do you mean I wasn't beautiful before?" I teased enjoying the way her face turned red at the slightest taunt.

" Of course not, your majesty I-"

I cut her off with a laugh

" I know Alice, I just like teasing you".

She puffed up her cheeks and started hitting my arm " meanie, your highness shouldn't keep bullying me!" She looked like an angry squirrel and that only made me laugh harder.

" All right all right, my Alice is the best, no one is better than her"

I appeased and she laughed